Let's get some REAL talk up in this pathetic forum

Postby hankhill » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 am

There is nothing on this forum but people's sad life-stories and terrible advice from weird people who repress their emotions with sappy bs (Julius Fawcett, I'm calling you out personally! I can see it in your face man, I know it in my gut that your just a mixed up motherf****r. Your over saturated positivity makes you less human than most!!)

I am truly sorry for all of you people's pain, i really am. I know what it's like to be horribly depressed, sometimes for no reason. But look, we all have our battles and our demons. In an effort to break up the sickening pity party going on here (seriously, this place makes me more depressed than I actually am), I'm going to throw out a few things that actually make me feel better!!

1. NOT dwelling or ruminating

Why am I depressed? What's wrong with me? How do I find happiness? What is my passion?

All pointless, meaningless garbage your brain comes up with when you have nothing better to think about. It is a fact that your mind can only focus on one thing at a time. It doesn't feel that way because you can flip from one thing to another faster than the speed of light...but go ahead and try and think of the Statue of Liberty and what you are going to do tomorrow at the same time. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Get where I'm going with this? Put your focus onto something, anything, and you won't be thinking about how depressed you are....bonus points if it's something constructive!!!

2. Letting sh** roll off my back
Sometimes sh** happens that you don't like. It sucks i know , but the difference between a happy person and a depressed wimp is that a happy person lets sh** go faster. If I went up to you and called you a little bitch, you would go home and cry about it or dwell on it, maybe go online and research how to not be a bitch, join and gym and pack on muscles in an effort to not feel like a bitch....if I went up to a less sensitive person, they would simply say to themselves "no, I'm not a bitch" and get on with their lives. Why? Because they realize every person has their own perspective in life, and if someone else's perspective doesn't match theirs that's the other person's problem (in most cases, sometimes compromises must be made and an open mind is always a good thing.)

3. Trusting myself.

If you can't trust your own perspective, you are lost. Only YOU know what is right for you based on your own thoughts and feelings. Stop buying self help books and going on forums, use your gut and let the answer come to you naturally. You already know more than you realize. Most things are obvious (I eat like sh**, I'm over-stresse, I don't sleep enough, I need a break from so and so, I should really stop doing drugs, I don't move around enough in the day...)

Anyone got any other adivce? Stuff that actually works. If your post starts with "it all started when I was five wheb uncle Tommy kicked my dog" then kindly gtfo...
hankhill

Likes Received: 1

Postby Beloved » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm

I commend you on your compassion. Just joking. On your empathy, too.
Beloved
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 30

Postby AlexTS » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm sorry, but you really don't understand why people come here.
You think all of them can solve all their problems by themselves. Well, usually people can, and i'm really glad, if you can, but there are a lot of people, who can't solve their problem.
Yes, some of them had never tried to, before they came here, however, other tried and got some success, but the problems weren't finally solved.
Then the people absolutely don't know what to do, sometimes they don't know why they live. You can believe me that the people, who don't know why they live, will never try to solve their problems, because they have no reason for this. Later, some people decide to kill themselves, other get partial wish to live, but the wish isn't strong and can be easily lost (then is suicide).
The person, who partially wants to live, can't be without help by other people, because all human generations lived in groups and pairs, people always saw each other, talked to each other, touched each other - the activities penetrated to our instincts, and we can't live without them, especially in critical situations.

I went through the condition about a half of year ago, and only talking to my teacher (i love her, if you don't know) moved me in life. I felt much better, but still had my depression, i tried to solve it and thought about the solution, however, i wasn't sure my ideas were good. i had to consult with someone. However, i didn't want to consult with my teacher (she was my only friend), because i was afraid she would take offense me. I could look for people on facebook, but i didn't want to put my problems on them. So i came here and asked people who wanted to read my question and answer me. I assure you, their consult helped me very much, it opened me for more private talk to my teacher, which made me much better. Yes, i still have a lot of problems, but i have a progress too :)
It isn't passive waiting for help by people from the forum, it's my own fight, but it would more difficult without the forum.
AlexTS

Likes Received: 2

Postby Beloved » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:28 am

weird people
>ad hominem

Julius Fawcett
>So he bothers you. . .

I am truly sorry for all of you people's pain, i really am.
>Doubtful. . .

the sickening pity party going on here
>Criticizing others makes you feel better. . .this could also be
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8

All pointless, meaningless garbage
>To you, perhaps. . .

Go ahead, I'll wait...
>Sarcasm is supposed to be "the wish to bite."

bonus points if it's something constructive!!!
>You are framing this as if you are a teacher. . .

a depressed wimp
>You are concerned about being a wimp. . .

most cases, sometimes
>A contradiction. . .?

compromises must be made and an open mind is always a good thing
>A platitude

You already know more than you realize.
>The question here is, What do you know?

Most things are obvious (I eat like sh**, I'm over-stresse, I don't sleep enough, I need a break from so and so, I should really stop doing drugs, I don't move around enough in the day...)
>Sounds like you are cooling off. . .glad we could help. :)

Anyone got any other adivce? Stuff that actually works.
>Does your stuff work. . . ?

kindly gtfo...
>Seems like a contradiction. . .
the "kindly" is supposed to make your target drop his/her guard so the "gtfo" sucker punch can land

It kind of sounds like your defense mechanism of choice is
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... 8&oe=UTF-8
even if the aggressor is depression, but the wimp remark makes me think of two paranoids I knew who were unsure of their masculinity. BTW, Freud's connection between paranoids and homosexuality was discredited.
I think the odds are good that you own a motorcycle or a humvee.

Post some more. Be creative, something I haven't seen before. . .and using spellcheck will make you appear more nearly credible.
Beloved
Preferred Member

Postby jan^^ » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:17 am

Beloved wrote:weird people
>ad hominem

Julius Fawcett
>So he bothers you. . .

I am truly sorry for all of you people's pain, i really am.
>Doubtful. . .

the sickening pity party going on here
>Criticizing others makes you feel better. . .this could also be

All pointless, meaningless garbage
>To you, perhaps. . .

Go ahead, I'll wait...
>Sarcasm is supposed to be "the wish to bite."

bonus points if it's something constructive!!!
>You are framing this as if you are a teacher. . .

a depressed wimp
>You are concerned about being a wimp. . .

most cases, sometimes
>A contradiction. . .?

compromises must be made and an open mind is always a good thing
>A platitude

You already know more than you realize.
>The question here is, What do you know?

Most things are obvious (I eat like sh**, I'm over-stresse, I don't sleep enough, I need a break from so and so, I should really stop doing drugs, I don't move around enough in the day...)
>Sounds like you are cooling off. . .glad we could help. :)

Anyone got any other adivce? Stuff that actually works.
>Does your stuff work. . . ?

kindly gtfo...
>Seems like a contradiction. . .
the "kindly" is supposed to make your target drop his/her guard so the "gtfo" sucker punch can land

It kind of sounds like your defense mechanism of choice is

even if the aggressor is depression, but the wimp remark makes me think of two paranoids I knew who were unsure of their masculinity. BTW, Freud's connection between paranoids and homosexuality was discredited.
I think the odds are good that you own a motorcycle or a humvee.

Post some more. Be creative, something I haven't seen before. . .and using spellcheck will make you appear more nearly credible.

Nice.
Answer to the motorcylce/humvee question please Hank?
jan^^

Likes Received: 3

Postby hankhill » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 am

I apologize about the insensitivity of my post, but some of you are thinking way too much into my words.
hankhill

Likes Received: 1

Postby richweb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:33 am

And post 10 pages too... True to uncommon forum :)
richweb

Likes Received: 0

Postby eeshliley » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:29 am

hankhill I agree with most of what you have said, I just don't think you expressed it in a very nice or productive way. You cant berate people for going on these forums as you are here yourself. And it is greatly helpful for people to communicate their problems with others going through similar circumstances. I suffer from depression, it is not so bad now but was pretty bad in the past. But I think the main reasons for depression are a) dwelling on it and pitying yourself instead of just getting on and doing something, and b) boredom, caused by dwelling on things and not doing anything. Life is never perfect but what is going to make you feel better in long term? Watching the world go by while you feel sorry for yourself? Or doing ANYTHING, like that washing up that needs doing, or phoning a friend/relative, going for a walk etc. Anything to use your brain to stop it feeling miserable. Depression is a state of mind and sometimes the things we do to try and help ourselves acutally make our depression worse.
eeshliley

Postby Beloved » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:15 pm

hankhill wrote:some of you are thinking way too much into my words.

And so it's our mistake?

It would help if you were less sure of yourself, less dogmatic.

Was your aggressor, I presume your father, also dogmatic? And if someone called him on his conduct, did he say things like "I was only joking"?

Virginia Satir wrote a lot about verbal abuse - see if you recognize yourself in her work.
Beloved
Preferred Member

Postby Beloved » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:18 pm

hankhill wrote:I apologize about the insensitivity of my post

There are at least four parts to a proper apology. Try again.
Beloved
Preferred Member

Postby Ronjonjonjon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Hey hank your not thinking clearly. I quit smoking weed recently after God knows how many tries. Just trying to "tough it out" doesn't work for me. Or you can lazily believe depressed people are just wimps, whiners, pathetic etc. It doesn't really matter what you think because they use this forum or other avenues to get over their problems. I use this forum to get over my past addiction and it helps me cope and not be tempted to smoke again. Is my life good and full of good things. Hell ya! I don't have to deAl with bombs outside my door or rampant malnourishment, but that doesn't mean we all have sh** we have to get over. Honestly hank if doing jumping jacks on my front lawn covered in mud helps me get over it I'll do that too! It doesn't really matter what someone says or does to get over a problem as long as they get over it! I mean you really think this forum is as bad as emotional face bookers or shows on TV about people who are upset with their life because they have too much sex and money and live in so cal? Really go on tmz and rip on those people! Bro your really grasping at straws here!
Ronjonjonjon

Likes Received: 4

Postby JuliusFawcett » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 pm

I forgive you, I respect you and I love you.

Can you forgive me?
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby rat123 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:38 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:I forgive you, I respect you and I love you.

Can you forgive me?

Haha Julius :lol:

Instead of findign a master , you average folks are dreaming of happiness xD
First find a a master and a goal. Then Life will change to the better automatically. You are unguided desperate confused and disoriented people. And you are too stubborn and lazy to realize you have to find a teacher. You think you can guide your life yourself. Haha, what nonesense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rat123

Postby rickyfran » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:17 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:I forgive you, I respect you and I love you.

Can you forgive me?

There are a couple of people in my life I need to work on saying this quote to.
rickyfran

Postby Bored » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:58 am

rat123 wrote:Instead of findign a master , you average folks are dreaming of happiness xD
First find a a master and a goal. Then Life will change to the better automatically. You are unguided desperate confused and disoriented people. And you are too stubborn and lazy to realize you have to find a teacher. You think you can guide your life yourself. Haha, what nonesense. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You seriously think you can't guide yourself through life? Are you trolling?

Sounds very much like the psychology of a religious fanatic or someone in the working class. You need someone holding your hand through life like a toddler. You need a little book or teacher that will show you exactly how to live your life. Cute.

Any person that has opened any kind of business [url]by themselves[/url] or is a scientist/atheist/agnostic would laugh in your face.
Bored

Next