2 personality in my head

Postby Rodrigues » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:58 pm

First of all, pardon me for my english grammar. And this will sound crazy.

Sometimes make me confused. I don't think I'm crazy but this thinging always, most all the time bugging me psychologically. I mean, it's like there's 2 person having conversation in my head(i know i'm sound like crazy lady). Sometimes sound like god and satan agree and disagree with things that play on my mind or with things that i do. Sometimes god and god or satan and satan. Sometimes I'm in the middle stop the arguement. More likely crazy right? Okay, example: Sometimes while I'm busy doing something and i have no idea where the hell this stupid thinking came from thinking that its better if my mom dead. I know i'm having tough life. But never once in my life wanting my mom to be dead because i will be sad and i love her. Personality 1: Your life will be easier if your mom dead, more people will help you. Personality 2: Perhaps it just for awhile but whats after that? But maybe you right. Myself: shut up both of you. I dont want my mom dead. No matter what i'll get through this. I don't want to lose her. I love my family eventhough we are not a perfect family. Well i guess no one have a perfect family, a perfect life.

I know it sound like denial, depress, burden, pathetic. But for what i realize, i am acknowledged from a to z what im going through, i know that sometimes i'm strong and sometimes weak. But i'm not that stupid to just give it up my life just like that and depending on the circumstances. Im not calling myself an introvert but not also extrovert. More like outdoorsy. If you guys understand.

I would like to describe more of what i'm having now but time is limited here. If you guys can help with my situation here. I appreciate that. Thanks a lot.
Rodrigues
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:22 pm
Likes Received: 0


#1

Postby Beloved » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 pm

The wall between your id and your ego has dissolved. Get prescription drugs to reestablish this wall so you can get some peace.
Beloved
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am
Location: USA
Likes Received: 30

#2

Postby GreenCarrot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 am

Beloved wrote:The wall between your id and your ego has dissolved. Get prescription drugs to reestablish this wall so you can get some peace.


Haha, nice joke.

Rodrigues, you don't have multiple personalities. You don't have any personalities at all. What you are experiencing is the reality that there is not one "you" that lives inside your head.

There is no coherent you, there is just your brain processing reality and spawning thoughts that appear in your awareness. Everyone has these conflicting thoughts about things. It's natural.

Try to relax, and remember, they're just thoughts.
GreenCarrot
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 am
Likes Received: 2

#3

Postby Beloved » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:11 pm

GreenCarrot wrote:
Beloved wrote:The wall between your id and your ego has dissolved. Get prescription drugs to reestablish this wall so you can get some peace.


Haha, nice joke.

Rodrigues, you don't have multiple personalities. You don't have any personalities at all. What you are experiencing is the reality that there is not one "you" that lives inside your head.

There is no coherent you, there is just your brain processing reality and spawning thoughts that appear in your awareness. Everyone has these conflicting thoughts about things. It's natural.

Try to relax, and remember, they're just thoughts.

http://psychologydictionary.org/persona ... tegration/

Read. Think. Read some more. Be curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
and
http://www.communicoltd.com/pages/1106_ ... _think.cfm
Beloved
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am
Location: USA
Likes Received: 30

#4

Postby GreenCarrot » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 am

Beloved wrote:Read. Think. Read some more. Be curious.


Wait, what? You were being serious when telling him to take prescription drugs? What drugs do you think will make him better? Opiates? Benzos? Antidepressants?

He's having conflicting thoughts about things. It's nothing pathological, it's pretty normal.

I read that thing you linked, it didn't really tell me much. Some psychobabble theory about why people have conflicting thoughts? I find a lot of psychology is based on fundamentally flawed misunderstandings about how the body-mind works, partially due to the fact that the people who create these theories are suffering from mental illusions themselves. It's like the blind trying to understand how vision works.

I subscribe to a more Buddhist understanding of the body-mind, as opposed to the standard western psychobabble understanding. Not to say I'm a Buddhist myself, the dogma doesn't appeal to me, just that the Buddhist model of how the human body-mind works is far more accurate in my experience.

That's not to say psychology doesn't have it's uses - just that many of the theories that explain the internal experience of the body-mind aren't so great.

The theory of "Super-Ego, Ego and Id" that you touched upon earlier, for example. Where's the evidence for this? Where in the brain is the "super-ego" located? How does anyone even know it exists? You do realize that theory is something Freud pulled out of his backside right?

What you will realize upon direct experience of reality is that there is simply thoughts and sensations. There is not a single coherent self, that is an illusion. Because there is no single coherent self it is possible to have thoughts that conflict.

I feel like I gave the OP better advice than you did. I mean, you told him to take drugs but didn't even tell him which drugs to take!

Also, Dunning Kruger effect does not apply to the OP's situation. That's a different psychobabble theory completely.
GreenCarrot
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 am
Likes Received: 2

#5

Postby Alexander Ang » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 am

Hi Rodrigues,

Thanks for your sharing. The fact that you acknowledge what is going through with you only means that you know you can become better and you know you want to create a better change in your life. For that, I think you are on the right track and doing the right thing.

First step to change is always Self Awareness. Which you already had.

Second step would be knowing how to overcome your issue and challenges. Green Carrot has a point, what you experiencing inside your head is your own mind and your own thought.

This is what we call the "Inner Voice". It's common (So don't worry about that!) and we all have that "Inner Voice. It has both positive and negative voices. Below are some of my suggestion that might be helpful to your situation.

1) Learn how to meditate.
A simple exercise like paying attention to your breathing, listen to your heart beat, or sounds around you. Doing this is allows you to experience "The Present" moment by staying in the present. Doing this repeatedly helps shutting off and reduce your inner voice conversation. (It aids with healing process too)

2) Use imagination.
Whenever negative voices talks to you, imagine there's a Volume button and turn that volume down and mute it. Doing this helps interrupt your negative thought process in mind - and then replace it with motivating voices and empowering conversation.

3) Occupy yourself with meaningful work.
It can be charity, sports, going out for a hike, gathering etc. By doing so, you are experiencing new events, people and environment. You're surrounding yourself with positive energy which can helps you see and experience things differently.

4) Practice Positive Affirmation
Create empowering affirmation, write them down and read it before you go to bed and when you wake up the next day. Spending 5-7 minutes to nourish your mind and soul with empowering affirmation creates a new possibilities and new set of belief system onto yourself. Sleep in peace, and wake in joy.

I hope this simple tips helps. Sending you lots of love and lights! :)
User avatar
Alexander Ang
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:08 am
Location: Malaysia
Likes Received: 3

#6

Postby etherealdude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:22 am

Sounds like you need a holiday, or something to take your mind off things.
etherealdude
Full Member
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:54 am
Likes Received: 0

#7

Postby Beloved » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

GreenCarrot wrote:
Beloved wrote:Read. Think. Read some more. Be curious.


Wait, what? You were being serious when telling him to take prescription drugs? What drugs do you think will make him better? Opiates? Benzos? Antidepressants?

He's having conflicting thoughts about things. It's nothing pathological, it's pretty normal.

I read that thing you linked, it didn't really tell me much. Some psychobabble theory about why people have conflicting thoughts? I find a lot of psychology is based on fundamentally flawed misunderstandings about how the body-mind works, partially due to the fact that the people who create these theories are suffering from mental illusions themselves. It's like the blind trying to understand how vision works.

I subscribe to a more Buddhist understanding of the body-mind, as opposed to the standard western psychobabble understanding. Not to say I'm a Buddhist myself, the dogma doesn't appeal to me, just that the Buddhist model of how the human body-mind works is far more accurate in my experience.

That's not to say psychology doesn't have it's uses - just that many of the theories that explain the internal experience of the body-mind aren't so great.

The theory of "Super-Ego, Ego and Id" that you touched upon earlier, for example. Where's the evidence for this? Where in the brain is the "super-ego" located? How does anyone even know it exists? You do realize that theory is something Freud pulled out of his backside right?

What you will realize upon direct experience of reality is that there is simply thoughts and sensations. There is not a single coherent self, that is an illusion. Because there is no single coherent self it is possible to have thoughts that conflict.

I feel like I gave the OP better advice than you did. I mean, you told him to take drugs but didn't even tell him which drugs to take!

Also, Dunning Kruger effect does not apply to the OP's situation. That's a different psychobabble theory completely.

The DK applies to you! :D

If you want my attention I'm not so sure this is a legitimate way to get it. I s'pose I should be flattered.

Your turn to post links but due to cognitive dissonance I doubt I can now persuade you to think differently.

BTW, your posts would appear more credible if you used punctuation properly.

Here's some homework: figure out what 'statistically rigorous' means.
Beloved
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am
Location: USA
Likes Received: 30

#8

Postby GreenCarrot » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:27 am

Beloved wrote:The DK applies to you!


I knew what you meant. I just wanted you to say it outright instead of passive-aggressively.

So you think I am a dummy because you disagree with what I say? I could say that you are suffering from Dunning Kruger and that it is actually you that is the dummy, but that would get us nowhere.

I notice you use a lot of clinical terminology and also speak with an air of superiority. Are you studying psychology at university?

Now, while degrees are great and all you should realize that there is a difference between having a direct understanding of something and a conceptual understanding.

For example, a blind man who has a PhD in optometry will never truly understand vision in the same way as a man who can see. Do you feel me? Book learning is excellent but it has its limits, especially when it comes to things such as qualia.

I'm not allowed to post links because I'm a forum noob. Google "insight practice" if you are interested in this kind of thing though. Also check out Daniel Ingram's work.

Also, what's up with nitpicking my punctuation? I thought my writings were readable enough - you act as though I am speaking in ebonics or something! I think your hero Freud would say you are stuck in the "anal" stage. Get it?
GreenCarrot
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 am
Likes Received: 2

#9

Postby Beloved » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:10 pm

GreenCarrot wrote:
Beloved wrote:The DK applies to you!


I knew what you meant. I just wanted you to say it outright instead of passive-aggressively.

So you think I am a dummy because you disagree with what I say? I could say that you are suffering from Dunning Kruger and that it is actually you that is the dummy, but that would get us nowhere.

I notice you use a lot of clinical terminology and also speak with an air of superiority. Are you studying psychology at university?

Now, while degrees are great and all you should realize that there is a difference between having a direct understanding of something and a conceptual understanding.

For example, a blind man who has a PhD in optometry will never truly understand vision in the same way as a man who can see. Do you feel me? Book learning is excellent but it has its limits, especially when it comes to things such as qualia.

I'm not allowed to post links because I'm a forum noob. Google "insight practice" if you are interested in this kind of thing though. Also check out Daniel Ingram's work.

Also, what's up with nitpicking my punctuation? I thought my writings were readable enough - you act as though I am speaking in ebonics or something! I think your hero Freud would say you are stuck in the "anal" stage. Get it?

ouchouchouchouchouchouchouchouch
:D
Beloved
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am
Location: USA
Likes Received: 30

#10

Postby Solitaryqueen » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:30 pm

I am just like you
Sometimes i even get frightened by the thoughts in my head
Solitaryqueen
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:10 pm
Likes Received: 0



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Psychology