Weed withdrawal/PAWS

Postby Carlosnamaste » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:12 am

Hey everybody.

I've been clean and sober off weed now for about 11 and some months, clean off everything really. I've been suffering anxiety attacks and Dr/dp consistently now as part of the PAWs. It's been getting better over time no doubt, but I was wondering for anyone out their that have been cleaner longer..

How long before this anxiety starts to become minimal and less extreme? It seems to be the only thing bringing me down, I can deal with the rest.

Please any information and advice would help. Thanks! :)
Carlosnamaste

Likes Received: 1

Postby Broken stoner » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:13 am

Carlos, It will go away but you have to make it my friend, you must learn to control these thoughts and not be afraid of them, you must rewire your brain yourself and change them thought patterns, when you get those thoughts ingnore them and say to yourself what will happen if I have a panic attack I'm obviously not going to die. I'm only 6 months and have no panic attacks and I quit due to one. I have changed these patterns and I'm not longer scared of anything be fearless. I'm in a constant state of distorted vision just like you but you just gotta believe my friend. Weed usually kills anxiety when we quit we are at a level high anxiety as you learn to control this level of anxiety is will eventually go away, and you will no panic attacks. Then your anxiety levels will drop, you're not alone brother. Take over that fear I know how difficult it is believe me but you can do it.
Broken stoner

Likes Received: 41

Postby Carlosnamaste » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 am

Thanks man.
You're absolutely right..
It's hard to control but it's definitely getting better over time. The only thing that gets me is when I feel unreal or reality seems unreal when I think about it/mixed with anxiety.
Carlosnamaste

Postby Salsa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 am

Man I am in the exactly the same position as you are. Today marks my 11 months clean from heavy cannabis use and my biggest problems are anxiety and occasional dp/dr. Hang in there. They say things get better after 1 year.
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby Broken stoner » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:54 am

I hope you both get over this is has been the most difficult thing for me early on what helped the most was saying my body is feeling like this, my body wouldn't want me to die, it's obviously not a life or death situation I have nothing to fear. Truely believing something is difficult as for us quitting or those who had panic attacks I'm pretty sure we have all had a mental breakdown also and that can take years to recover from. Do you guys ever feel like you're in a video game I do like twice a month. Just try to embrace them feelings it's all we can do. Little I can do to try to help you out salsa you've helped me so much.
Broken stoner

Postby Broken stoner » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 am

Often I find myself wondering if this is all from marijuana or is this a mental breakdown, then I think while I was smoking I quit for 30 days no problem once and this time is just like wtf. I really may never know but I'd really love to figure out.. It might help me to know that weed is harmless I truely still believe this deep down maybe that's just the thoughts of addiction I couldn't tell you guys. But I'm struggling truthfully and everyday is hell being completely honest I just feel sometimes I stuck in a bad trip. but I can't take time to be negative you know. Stay strong guys
Broken stoner

Postby breakfree1985 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Im at the tail end of 8 months another week or so its 9 months. Im feeling all the symptoms of anxiety, depression, head pressure, brain fog and memory problems. I cant retain new information at all! Have just quit alcohol 6 weeks ago too and to be honest I really have felt no benefit yet. I am almost tempted to blaze up again, im almost convinved life was better on the herb. It has been nearly a month since I have had a day where I have felt good.
breakfree1985

Likes Received: 8

Postby Salsa » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 pm

breakfree, we are all in this same sh**. It looks like it's epidemic, lol. Smoking won't solve anything, it will only make it last longer and maybe worse.

Broken stoner, that video game feeling is called depersonalization. It's like you are playing a one person shooter game like Duke Nukem, right? :) It just another face of anxiety. Ignore it. It's not mental breakdown, only anxiety. I often felt like I was going to loose my mind any second but I didn't. :)
Salsa
Preferred Member

Postby johnrlivingston » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Broken stoner wrote:Often I find myself wondering if this is all from marijuana or is this a mental breakdown, then I think while I was smoking I quit for 30 days no problem once and this time is just like wtf. I really may never know but I'd really love to figure out.. It might help me to know that weed is harmless I truely still believe this deep down maybe that's just the thoughts of addiction I couldn't tell you guys. But I'm struggling truthfully and everyday is hell being completely honest I just feel sometimes I stuck in a bad trip. but I can't take time to be negative you know. Stay strong guys

I've been through that same thought process, Broken. I KNOW FOR A FACT it's the weed. I'm sure there are other issues at play. Most people don't get to the point of smoking so much they get addicted without other problems causing them to smoke so much. But when I was at my peak of consumption I was a freakin' basketcase. After a while I couldn't handle any stress. Every little thing was too much to handle.

I've gone through this process twice now, and both times it was the same. I couldn't handle life while stoned, stopped, went through hell, and rediscovered my mental strength as withdrawal faded.

I've also experienced being able to quit before w/o significant problems. I've read alot of people have. I don't know why things change, but I have no doubt the weed is a big player in the switch being flipped.

I believe anyone and everyone who smokes weed daily will eventually have problems. Some sooner, some later, some better, some worse. But no-one has the luxury of slamming their brain w/ large cannabinoid doses daily w/o experiencing consequences.
johnrlivingston

Likes Received: 116

Postby fiveweeks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Hey @Broken and @Jhon

It was good for me to read this post, because that thought around me for many times on this journey, and still surrounding me, and it's nice to know I 'm not the only one. Often I am in doubt if all I 'm really going comes from marijuana or if I am suffering a mental breakdown because when I am taken by bad thoughts, anxiety and other symptoms, it seems they are things I already know, already were present in me, even before weed, and then I ask myself, " I've always been like that and never realized ? " " a long time since I stopped , and those thoughts do not seem to be related to marijuana " among many other bad thoughts that run through my head many times every day.

But reading the posts on this forum and some research on the internet, some things seem to confirm that all of this comes from the use of weed, and I believe it's too early to say that does not come, as do only 11 weeks that I am clean and many stories of great achievements speak over many months and even years to fully recover. So I try to support me in the fact that more tiring for all is, I must have patience and more faith that everything will pass .

During this time (11 weeks) I noticed several improvements, each day is a struggle, but I can see a daily improvement, even if very small. I have already been able to sleep without too many problems, dreams are not too bad, the biggest problem of all I believe that has been the anxiety because it still brings me bad thoughts, bad feelings, brain cloudy and a certain desperation that will never pass.

But we can not give up and we are all together in this fight.

Thanks guys! God bless you all~
fiveweeks

Likes Received: 42

Postby Broken stoner » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am

Thank you guys for that, it might be anxiety but I just worried because before I quit I didn't do anything but smoke it was my life, I literally sit in a room all day and smoked non stop. congrats to everyone on this forum for taking on this challenge 11 months salsa that's amazing. I can't even wait to be there I'm excited because I know I'll be there I'm never smoking again, everyone who's struggling know you're not alone, this has been the most difficult thing in my 18 years. It was like the weed was making me so lazy I didn't get out of bed I'd just sit there and watch movies all day.
Broken stoner

Postby johnrlivingston » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 pm

It's been the most difficult experience in my 45 years, Broken. And my life hasn't exactly been rainbows & sunshine. So yeah - be proud of where you're at. You're kicking backside.

5weeks... so happy to hear from you! No - you're not the only one. It still amazes me how similar all our stories are. Another data point to prove the main factor in our problems is weed & withdrawal. Check out my latest post on my quit diary thread if you get the chance. My last 2 weeks saw big improvements in anxiety, seemingly out of the blue. If you count the time I spent weening down, I'm actually ahead of you in time quit, so with any luck, you'll be getting a break from this mess in the near future. Still - if you don't - that doesn't mean you won't. We all have different timelines for recovery. Stay strong!

Salsa... 11 months!!! You of all people inspire me the most. I'm so happy each time you report progress, no matter how subtle. I know your recovery has been harder than most. On the bright side - once your'e free and clear of your problems related to it - I have no doubt you'll have discovered a joy in life you likely never thought possible before. THANK YOU for your strength. You have no idea how much it's meant to me.
johnrlivingston

Likes Received: 116

Postby netty28661 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:11 am

Carlos, for me it was after 12 months I saw most improvement & saw the depression/anxiety subside most. Excercise helps enormously & I started to meditate after 12 months clean which has made & still does make a BIG difference. If I haven't meditated for a few days I start to wake up feeling anxious & have those feelings several times through the day. With meditation I'm not saying you have to study the exact mechanics of it i.e sitting position or the position your hands are in. The idea is to let thoughts arise & let them go over & over & continuously trying to relax your mind - it really works!

I've been clean 2 & a half years & life is great.

Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Postby Carlosnamaste » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:58 am

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this..
The Dp/Dr really f**ks me up big time but I know it's all anxiety so I just accept it and it helps. I as well feel that video game feeling and it freaks me the **** out sometimes haha.. Like I just want to close my eyes and not feel. Thanks for the support guys :D
Carlosnamaste

Postby Carlosnamaste » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 am

And sorry for the late reply, I didn't think I'd get any replies really.. Waiting for the year mark this month! Keep going guys :)
Carlosnamaste

Next