After 17 months of no pot, I smoked again. Experience

Postby george5030 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:31 am

hey guys, it's been a while! Ive posted about some topics but weed wasn't part of the last posts. After being off from weed for 17 months, last night me and a couple of friends went to have some beers and play pool. One of the guys I met yesterday had some weed so he offer us to some a j. I wasnt planning to smoke weed at all but stupidly a thought popped in my mind and said "its been a while, im curious to see what happens". I havent craved smoking at all and it really wasnt part of my plans, but curiosity of course happened. I decided to give it a try so took 2 hits from the j. This was my 1st time trying out canadian pot so as many of you may know, canadian pot is strong as hell. As soon as the high came in, I started to feel extremely high. I became very paranoid and couldnt believe how high I was. I immediately told my buddy to leave and go back home because I was too high. I controlled my trip and was always aware that It was the high the cause of my paranoia so I tried to be calm and just observe my trip. I was too aware of how I was behaving the entire time, I couldnt stop thinking about how to control myself. I was laughing so hard on everything but at the same time I was extremely paranoid. I almost get in a fight at mcdonalds because I was stearing at people and laughing hard at them without control. I felt like all the anxiety I experienced during paws was present during the high and like it was my inner monster being awakened again. I didnt have a panic attack but yeah It wasnt a pleasurable experience at all. Today I woke up still high and went to work like that. It was much more mild of course but Ive felt weird all day. Ive had some weird thoughts and been foggy all day. I know this happens when you have 0 tolerance and you smoke for the 1st after a long break. I just hope it fades away quickly.

My conclusion is that weed for sure isnt something I will ever enjoy again and Im glad of that. This is another life lesson learned and definitely weed wont enter my body ever again. Ive suffered enough to welcome this drug back into my life again. I regret doing it.

Thanks for reading my post! Comments are appreciated. A hug to you guys
george5030

Likes Received: 1

Postby Salsa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:55 am

Hi george. My experience with relapse was very similar. Racing thoughts and paranoia. I went through a hard period after relapse. For like a month I was super depressed and questioned reality. I hope you didn't trigger anxiety again. My psychiatrist said that I shouldn't smoke anymore because it will only re-trigger anxiety. Weed is clearly not for us.

How has your life been lately?
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby Rahrah » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:04 am

Wow. Thats fab for me to read on my day 1. Because its always that question of will i actually be better off, and this has inspired me . Well done for knowing that you dont want to smoke again. Even after having quit for so long, thats a really big deal. Well done you :)
Rahrah

Likes Received: 4

Postby Furtive » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:48 pm

So you'll turn weed offers down in future :)

Which type will you be ? -

1) One those who just back away, not prepared to discuss it.
or
2) One of those who might stick around to face questions about your quit from stoners.

I'd hope you would be the latter.

Sure there are times when stoners will try to argue why they still do it, and that can lead to confrontation if you don't
let their defensive posturing play out.
but
equally there are plenty of stoners who are questioning their habit and who benefit from hearing your conclusions,
as someone they've chatted to and identify with, your reasonable opinion and personal experience might be the keystone
in their decision to quit at some point later.

I personally took a lot of strength from a nice guy at Uni who refused my joints.
When I asked why he'd quit, he explained, carefully, that he didn't like the control it had on his mind. He didn't use the
word "addictive", he just described his experience with it. I always remembered and respected that.
Furtive
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 177