anyone know how to do steve g jones version of anchoring?

Postby nousername642687 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:23 am

Hi there. I am trying to figure out how to do steve g jones version of anchoring where you can anchor people to you by touching near your solar plexus while saying a word you want to anchor to yourself like the word confident or honest. I do not know if i should touch my chest before saying the word or as i say the word. Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks
nousername642687

Likes Received: 0

Postby ChristianKl » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:50 pm

What do you consider the word "anchor" to mean?
ChristianKl

Likes Received: 9

Postby Mau » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:05 am

Hi Royjentune,

Via my understanding of anchoring (which I must admit I do not practice consciously), the more effective method would be to touch your chest as you are saying the word.

I am not familiar with the Steve G Jones version but will look it up, what this sounds to me is like.......conversational anchoring, I guess you could call it? Where you are anchoring ideas covertly in conversation, would that be your aim? If this be the case then touching a particular area or performing a specific action while you say the word would be the way forward.

You can also compound the effect with a couple of other techniques that you can practice in front of a mirror (these actions should all, of course, look natural or else the person you are attempting to apply that specific anchor to may realise, and that may frustrate your efforts).

1 - Slow your speech while saying the word.
2 - Make eye contact while performing the anchoring action.

Both of these should come off as looking natural, and the pause in your tempo should be almost unnoticable: "Just enough for the subconcious to register the word as important, but not so obvious that the conscious will see or hear it".

Hope that helps.
Mau

Postby nousername642687 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you very much.
nousername642687

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 am

If touching yourself as you say the word 'confidence' is all there is to it, then it seems to be missing a key ingredient of anchoring - that is that the other person is in state of confidence or feels confident about you.

What you have described is more akin to analogue marking.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Likes Received: 6

Return to Hypnosis