conditioning /anchoring (NLP)

Postby Minnaloushe » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:03 am

I read an article about the anchoring of NLP.

Here is an anecdotes:

The NLP instructor said when people's positive emotions-gladness, excitement, etc. are aroused, the talker touches the listener' shoulder to anchor, and when the people's negative emtions-anger, etc are are aroused, the talker touches the listener's elbow to anchor during a conversation.

Next time, when they dialogue again, it would be very easy to trigger the emotions of anchored person via touching relevant body parts.

Do you think this anchoring does really work? Theoretically I assume it would work as Ivan Palvov's dog and bell. Practically I am not sure it will work.
Minnaloushe

Likes Received: 2

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:22 am

I am trained as an NLP practitioner. Conditioning works to a small extent, and how we feel in the moment is important feedback towards guiding us on the path of consistent happiness. Trying to condition ourselves to feel better about doing something that we don't really enjoy is not the path of happiness. Awareness of how we feel and using our intuition to guide us on the path of consistent happiness is life mastery.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby Minnaloushe » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:06 am

I don't focus on happiness.

I want to know whether or not and how anchoring for emotionas gladness, anger work.
Minnaloushe

Postby Alexander Ang » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:52 am

Conditioning in NLP does worked. We are using it directly or indirectly in our daily lives.

A great example to learn from is from Anthony Robbin (He substitute conditioning with NAC - Neuro Association Conditioning) to help himself and others in producing positive empowering emotion with anchoring.

I'm sure when you put into practice, you will experience them yourself too. :)
Alexander Ang

Likes Received: 3

Postby Minnaloushe » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks, Alex.

Do you think the method in the original post of mine works?

Could you illustrate how it exactly works in details?
Minnaloushe

Return to Psychology