after 7 days i can stop my cravings

Postby Ade,wales » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello ash and bullfrog

Thanks for the compliments

The wife’s good, has her final visa so don’t have to worry about her being deported. Kids good,3 now,crazy and a handful. Makes me laugh every day. My hearts still knackered but keeps going with the meds.

100% past craving stage. In fact the opposite, 100% feel like not touching it again. PAWS is a difficult one. When I quit I was a loony for quite a while. THC leaving my body sent me a bit crazy for quite a long time. After it settled down. I’d have times when I’d feel crap and think bloody PAWS. But was it? Everyone feels crap sometimes, so was it just normal but I’d put it down to PAWS. After say 12 months I think I’d got it all out of my system but didn’t really know what normal was. So kept putting crap down to PAWS. Then the longer it went on the less I’d think about it until I realised it had basically gone. And one day I thought **** I think I’m normal again.

Over the past few years I have occasionally been sat in a drying room with a couple of kilos strung up around me and had zero temptation. Mainly because I know if I start walking down that road again I’ll have to at some point do this sh** all over again.

When I stopped, I said to myself, I got two options- keep smoking forever or stop. Keep being a f***ing waste of space or try to achieve something with the time I got left. And with a kid on the way I knew what I had to do. Once I’d made that decision there was no way I was going to turn back. So no matter what happened, how crazy sh** got , I kept at it. And it worked. There were many a time I thought **** this, but knew the alternative was to smoke until I died and completely waste my life.

Anyway, what’s you guys situation? Wanting to stop? Already stopped but struggling?
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 99

Postby BullFrog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Hey Ade,

Thanks for sharing and so AWESOME you are well again and living your "normal" life. It's encouraging to hear.

My struggle is slightly different in that I am a very rare case (there are 2-3 other peeps on this forum that have experienced something similar to my own). I am 34. I took weed via oil and vaporizer only a grand total of 4 times in one week at the end of January (it was legit weed and not laced). Thus I was never addicted and never abused it. Then, within 2 days I started experiencing symptoms. And then within 2 weeks I had wretched anxiety, terrible sleep, complete fatigue, waking up 8 times at night, couldn't read to my children, always in my head, thought I had gone in insane, pressure, headaches, dizziness, you name it. Thankfully, no depression. Then within 8 weeks, almost all was gone except a dizziness/buzziness/ pressure in my head that comes and goes to various degrees. In June and July of this year, I would say I was 90% better, maybe even more on some days.

Then in August I had another little adrenaline rush to my face and the intensity of the dizzy/buzzy/pressure in my head escalated a bit more. So that is where I am at. I am VERY thankful for having only the symptoms I do now, but also just crazy that so little actually did so much to me. I just hope that, if people like you who abused substances for so long can get better, then certainly I, who never abused it and was never addicted, will be 100% again.

Anyway, there is a snapshot of my story.

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks a million for sticking around this forum and providing the help you do!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 58

Postby Mayfair » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am

I hope everyone is doing good.
Mayfair

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Bullfrog

That’s really weird mate

I don’t think you got anything to worry about. It’ll sort itself out. I abused for twenty odd years and I feel ok now. A couple of nights getting smashed ain’t gonna screw you up. Just try and ignore it
Ade,wales

Postby BullFrog » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:18 am

Thanks, Ade. That makes me feel real good. And you are right, just ignore the damn thing! haha! LOVE IT!

As always, thanks for everything you have done on this forum. Cheers, mate!
BullFrog

Likes Received: 58

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm

I have now gone past the 4year mark.

I am 100 percent free of the evil green bitch.

You too can achieve this.

It’s hard, especially at the beginning.

It takes commitment, it can feel impossible , but it’s not, anyone can do this.

Stop, and stay stopped. It’s that simple. Fing hard, but possible. As I have proved
Ade,wales

Previous