after 7 days i can stop my cravings

Postby Pixeltiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:06 am

Hey Ade,

At least your dreaming :) There's all sorts of theories on the purpose of dreaming, but the one consensus seems to be that dreams are important for the brain's health. I still have some petty weird drams relating to weed occasionally. But dreaming about it beats the hell out of smoking it :)
Pixeltiger

Likes Received: 58

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Hey Bev, good to hear from u.

Not exactly smashing it but I'm still on the path. In fact I don't even consider there is another option anymore. I know I wouldn't enjoy smoking anymore and I would hate myself if I did. So it's a no go.

I guess wot my purpose is, is I want to be stable,not all over the place. Too many ups and downs already. Don't want to **** my life up anymore. To be sat in a council flat on my own when I'm sixty with a bong and gallon of white lightning thinking, sh** I ballsed that up. Feels like I've started again and can't allow myself to spiral down no more. I guess just want to be normal straight guy, just hopefully not too boring. Spent my whole life being mental(which has been f***ing ace), but it's taking me nowhere. Maybe to that council flat!

Family good, Jenya growing and changing daily. She now looks at you properly and smiles loads. Cried like a bitch first time she did that.

How's yours?
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 103

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Pixel

Ye I suppose it is healthy for the mind. Just not used to it I suppose. Scares the sh** out of me sometimes.
Ade,wales

Postby Pixeltiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah Ade sometimes those dreams can be scary as all get out. I still get the odd terrifying one. On the other hand I also get some truly awesome dreams which easily outweigh the bad ones.

There's a lot of scary stuff you have to deal with when you're getting straight but it's worth it. Keep fighting the good fight, mate.
Pixeltiger

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:38 pm

I must have 2/3 horrible sh** dreams a week. Can't remember one enjoyable one so far.

Pixel. After 2 years do you feel 100%, like you never smoked?
And I don't mean are you the happiest guy alive, just do you feel like the negatives of weed have left you ?
Ade,wales

Postby Pixeltiger » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't think it's possible to answer that question with any degree of certainty. Time changes us regardless. Am I the same person I was before I started smoking? No. But I wouldn't be the same person anyway after all that time.

I live an uncommon life. I don't work alongside others to whom I can compare myself, so I don't have a yardstick.

But as best I can tell most of the negatives are gone. I am emotionally stable. I don't feel overwhelmed by life's problems. I exercise and keep myself in good shape and hope to get married in the not to distant future, although that's a whole other story.

Above all, I feel optimistic about life and I feel like that life belongs to me and isn't being shared with chemicals.
Pixeltiger

Postby Ade,wales » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 pm

It's been about 5 months without smoking cigs. About two months with no vaping nicotine. Now I'm stopping nicotine chewing gum to be totally nicotine free. Day 1 done.

As for weed, more or less forgotten.

Still having unwanted dreams every night. But gonna need to accept and live with that suppose. Weird tho cos haven't really dreamed for years

Feel a bit more chilled out recently. Less like I'm about to freak out. Things are gonna take time. Can't rush it. Just ride with it.
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:40 am

Yes mate! Great to hear you taking the final step with your nicotine addiction, I wish you the best of luck. If you haven't, read the Alan Carr "Easyway to quit smoking" book. He says an interesting fact in there that after 21 days of no nicotine, 99% of it has left your body! leaving just the more psychological aspect of withdrawal.

As an ex-smoker myself, I found the psychological aspect of nicotine far less than cannabis. I reckon you should be able to win this one too!!

Great news about not thinking about weed, think I am a little further behind on this addiction path than you but I will get there soon!!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Good to see you're checking in mate.
Having a couple of tokes isn't the end of the world. At least you're not fully at it again. Just try not to again.
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Ade,wales wrote:Good to see you're checking in mate.
Having a couple of tokes isn't the end of the world. At least you're not fully at it again. Just try not to again.

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't since and going to make sure I have the next 6 months without getting into contact with it and still feel very determined to not use weed again.

Do you feel completely free from weed now? Have you been in any situations where weed has been there? As these are the times I keep failing, especially when I am not sober....
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Bevano84 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:58 pm

How you doing boys, haven't been here for a while.

Only smoked 3 days in last 14 so pushing her slowly to the curb!!! Had a week holiday last week and only took a joint (only uk somerset no smuggling)... the obsession is getting weaker.

Anything that comes easy and doesnt take work isnt worth having, the quality of your life is based solely on the quality of your contribution!!

The above is the meaning of life I think, it is the answer to being happy on your deathbed.

Stoned we will not find our true purpose.

I also love...

A little bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.. beautiful... got to start giving more!!

Ade you seem a lot calmer and serene, you must of come such a long way true warrior brother... you were in a sh** place I felt.

Wave - we will get there bro!!

Cheers lads
Bevano84
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 90

Postby Bevano84 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 pm

My memory is f***ed it's going to take some work, starting to scare me and people notice all the time.

You definitely get chance to notice 1, the strength of weed and 2. The negative effects post and during, when you dont smoke more than you do smoke, time wise.
Bevano84
Preferred Member

Postby Ade,wales » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Wave- from the start of the quit its always been there for me. I have been in drying rooms with about a kilo and told to help myself. Not long ago I was in a grow room with about 50 budding plants. Actually found the smell a bit horrible. I had made the decision I didn't want weed poisoning me anymore and stuck with it. Simple.

I have started properly dreaming again, where they feel really real. Many times it's about smoking. If I do manage to dream smoke I feel real disappointed in myself. If I did it for real I'd be so gutted. So it's like I've had a chance to experience smoking again through my dreams and know it would be sh**. So it's not even an option now.

Bev- shumai boi. Glad you haven't given up giving up completely. You will get there. You just haven't had enough of it as much as I did. You are right, I was a f***ing mess. Still am a bit. But much better now. Just have to look at my posts at the start to see how far I've come.
Just a bit of life sorting out to do. I've ignored it for so long it's gonna take a while. Mainly job/ business/financial stability. But recently had some sh** news. My heart problem is looking a bit worse than originally thought. I've probably got ARVC (arrythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy ) which comes with the side effect of sudden death. Not what you want to hear from your doctor. Same thing as you see these footballers dropping dead on the pitch. So I might need a defribullator implanted in my chest. Which might mean I can't use certain tools, which I need to for my job. So we'll see, more tests soon

Also any kind of stimulation can increase the chance of arrhythmic craziness. Even caffeine. So bonging all night is a very bad idea.

I guess I never wanted to grow up, be responsible. Just wanted to get wasted all the time. **** everything else, as long as I can get wrecked. As 40 is approaching I have finally realized that doesn't get u very far. Better late than never hey

I don't feel fully recovered yet. Mind isn't functioning fully yet. Feel generally a bit low. But could be because my life isn't where I want it to be yet. And I'm being too hard on myself. Should be happy I've come this far.

Keep posting guys.
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for the post. I know this time I am done with it, may be a fair bit younger but almost 10 years of everyday use has been enough to realise I don't need it and when I have a day where I happy it is liberating not to have to smoke weed to feel good.

Sorry to hear about the medical problems, and sounds like you are working on improving your life, you should be proud of that.
Wave
Preferred Member

Postby Bevano84 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Ade. Going over the final hurdles mate if you want a better life you are going to have to look in more directions than just quitting weed.

Read "the monk who sold his ferrari" by Robin Sharma. Could be a life changer and it's easy reading..

Just my thoughts bro
Bevano84
Preferred Member

PreviousNext