after 7 days i can stop my cravings

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:12 am

8 months no weed ( counted it up - 243 days)
About 5 months no cigarettes
About 2 months no vaping nicotine
About 2 weeks no nicotine chewing gum

So totally nicotine free now. The last bit of stopping the gum was really easy. Almost didn't notice.

I might be wrong here, I have been most of the way in this journey, but I think I am over the effects of stopping the weed. I am not really expecting any major things to happen now. There have been massive changes in my life this year, not all because of stopping weed, so it has been hard for me to say what the absence of weed has done to me. At the start I would say huge effects physically and craziness in me while my body rejected it. Then the lifestyle change because I wasn't revolving my life around it anymore.

I feel as if at 38 years old I have been taken from a parallel universe full of drugs and dropped into a different me where there are none. I'm still getting use to living this new life as I was in weed universe for so long. things can only get better from now on ( I really f***ing hope so). But now I am armed with the knowledge that I gotta make it better not just wait for stuff to happen.

Bev - read ' the monk who sold his Ferrari '. Quite good, not life changing, but some things to think about. Thanks for the recommendation.
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 103

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:29 am

I've been scared to exercise incase my heart does it's crazy thing but I think I'm gonna have to give it a go slowly to try and get some good sh** bouncing around in my head. So tomorrow out comes the bike and will try to do a few miles.

If you don't hear from me again you know why
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am

Well done with the nicotine. While it is physically addictive once you are 2-3 weeks away from it, I found it quite easy to stay quit, doesn't seem to have the same pull that weed does after 2-3 months.

Cycling short distances is a great idea. I have found even more important is diet. Cut out added sugar, foods with a lot of sugar in them, fried food and excessive fatty meals.

On the back of foods look at the "per 100g" and under carbohydrates - of sugars if something is 8g then that is 8% (by weight) sugar. This is a good indication of how bad some foods can be. I have been checking loads and still find some surprising food, such as yoghurt, cereals and breakfast bars.

Also walks would be good, lots of moving without elevating your heart much at all.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for the advice Wave
Ade,wales

Postby bakednomore » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:08 am

Hi ade

Well done on 8 months+ with no weed and also with quitting the fags n nicotine

Just had a read through your thread and it's comforting to see how you've progressed since your early days.

I am going through a rough spell but seeing how you went through it and came out the other end is good to know. Just got to take it one day at a time
bakednomore

Likes Received: 1

Postby Ade,wales » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi Bakednomore

Glad that my thread can bring a bit of comfort to someone going thru the sh** I've experienced. There have been many times where I've thought I cant do this anymore, wots the point of life if it's going to be like this, **** this I'm going to get wasted. But I was real stubborn with myself and just repeated ' you can't smoke, so you might as well stop thinking about it'. And it's worked. I am not out of the woods yet, but it has become easier to deal with the sh** the longer you've been straight. also what's the alternative? Start smoking again? **** that been there waste of time.

Stick with it man. It'll get better. Just do as many things as you can to make the journey more bearable.
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 pm

After the first week of hell I felt amazing too. But it didn't last long. I hope it continues for you but be warned it may not. Two weeks is a good effort, stick at it. Even if things take a turn for the worse, keep going. It can only get better in the long run
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 pm

9 months today
Gonna be amazing when I hit a year
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:11 am

I've spent hours in the last few days going through all the posts on this forum looking at others progress after around 6 months to a year. I needed to see if my progress is normal as it feels like it's taking too long. I haven't had a day of feeling good for too long. Not suicidal or anything, just need a bit more happy.

I noticed that a large proportion said it was hard for the first 7/8/9 months and started to feel like I do now. Like it's just not working.

Then most found when it was all looking a bit pointless, a year passes and things get a lot better. Some taking a bit longer, some less. Depending on each individual case I suppose. How much you smoked for how long.

Reading these older posts has made me feel better, more optimistic about it all. Not that I was going to smoke again. That ain't ever gonna happen.

I think I should have done a bit more to try and help myself get over this. I just stopped smoking and have been waiting to feel better. A hell of a lot of people said exercise and a better diet helped them.

I know part of my feeling better has been slowed by things in my life which need to be sorted out. But it's coming together now. Christmas will soon be here and then I'll pass the year mark.

Should be happy of that really. Didn't ever think that would happen. And I guess things could be a lot worse. I'm not doing bad considering.
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:45 pm

You have to make changes in life to help compensate for the "hole" left by weed. Now it seems hard to imagine spending such money on something that made me less fit and lazy. Moments I still miss it a little, but I really hated the control and pull it had over my life, so limiting and made me quite isolated.

You have done that hard bit and look at people like Vape Addict, seem totally through with their addition.

We will both get there mate, hang in there.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 pm

10 months !

Still struggling a bit with mood swings, irritated by little things.

Still need to sort my s**t out so I can start feeling naturally happy. Just concentrating on work and baby at the moment. But feel things will come together one day. Instead of my life's gonna be rubbish forever.
Ade,wales

Postby griffo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Ade - just wanted to thank you for this very inspiring, interesting read! I'm from Wales too and in exactly the same boat as you; only I'm a couple of decades younger.

Hope all is well with you mate, take care and stay strong
griffo

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:42 am

Shumai Griffo.
Read your posts and it sounds like you know the score with quitting. It's not going to be easy and the road is very long. But you're young and nailing this now will be the most important thing you ever do. Don't waste your life in a pointless haze.

Know wot you mean about the weird mood swings that you kinda don't realise is happening until after and you look back and think wtf.

My first month I was all over the place. But it does level off with time. I smoked for a hell of a long time so being straight I have had to get used to again. But best thing I've ever done.

Just keep going man. Don't ring that dealer.
Ade,wales

Postby griffo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Ade,wales wrote:Pointless haze.

Sums weed up perfectly in my opinion. Cheers mate, you are an inspiration!
griffo

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Getting a grip on work now. Much busier, and some decent money coming in. Is stressful trying to get everything done, organising,pricing,invoicing,etc. But the end result is feeling a lot better about everything.
I'm getting there, it's taken time, has been a right f****r of a year, but coming close to the top of the mountain. It's in sight.

Anyone starting this journey, it does have an ending, just keep slogging on.
Ade,wales

PreviousNext