after 7 days i can stop my cravings

Postby Ade,wales » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Being a dad has completely and utterly reinforced my choice for a weed free life
If I relapse it would have a direct effect on her, which I won't allow
I want to be able to be there for her 100%
Not a mashed knobhead
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 103

Postby Wave » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:15 pm

That is really good to hear that you have found a reason to never go there again. I think I need to find that too.

It is amazing after a while how much more clearheaded you are when you are cannabis free and it really fogs your mind.

Keep us updated with your progress.
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm

You already have a good reason to do this mate. To be yourself again
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:32 pm

One word I don't see much on this forum relating to continuous weed use is selfish.

Doing whatever I need to do to get that pointless hit and everyone else can f**k off until I'm wrecked.

And when I have got wrecked you can all f**k off til I'm straight again.

Sorry family and friends, won't be happening again.

Always thought that if weed was always legal and as widely accepted as alcohol, then stoners wouldn't have to be paranoid, hiding away, having sh** fits when run out, creating crime that doesn't need to exist etc etc. but what kind of world would that be like? Zombie movies come to mind
Ade,wales

Postby Bevano84 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:09 pm

All drug use is appallingly selfish mate... it sickens me how I've treat people over the years... im very lucky I'm not completely alone!!!!!
Bevano84
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 90

Postby Furtive » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Ade,wales wrote:...
Always thought that if weed was always legal and as widely accepted as alcohol, then stoners wouldn't have to be paranoid, hiding away, having sh** fits when run out, creating crime that doesn't need to exist etc etc. but what kind of world would that be like? Zombie movies come to mind

Yeh, but that would be the background.
That would be the starting point for kids growing up.
They would have better info about it, that most potheads are humourless zombies.
Just like we know how most winos are.

In a legalised weed society, we would all know much better what weed's consequences are.
There would be a clearly defined weed culture you could look at and go, "No thanks." before someone approached you with it and tried to make it look good.
Furtive
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 177

Postby Ade,wales » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 pm

i can remember (just about) on one of many trips to Amsterdam talking to a local lad of about 18 on a train -
'I bet you love living here, the best weed everywhere'
'I dont smoke weed'
'wot u mean u dont smoke weed, u live in Amsterdam'
'just never appealed to me'

probably because he's seen so many a**hole Brits wondering the streets looking f**ked off their box

also remember on a counter of a coffee shop a note saying something along the lines of -
enjoy your smoke, but not everyday

wish i'd paid more attention
Ade,wales

Postby Bevano84 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Just made me laugh, reminiscing.... (yes I know I need to get out more)

that manic man, making little sense, that came to this site all the months ago...

one bloke, a yank I think, asking if you were ok, because he couldn't understand a word you were on about.....
Bevano84
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 90

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 pm

I re-read that not too long ago. Made me laugh too. Shows how much i changed

F**k I was mental at the start
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Still giggling
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 pm

i want to post how progress is with the quit. But there are other factors effecting me jumbling everything up so I can't really say for sure how it's going. But I'm gonna try for my own future reference. This year started with the quit which threw everything up down and sideways for a while. Then I had the heart problems and medication to try to stop it. General stresses of life, work, money, wife's visa application, baby due. But I was kinda cruising thru it thinking this is manageable cos weed isn't mashing my head. Partly due to disturbed sleep from newborn I have been really struggling with energy levels. Falling asleep all the time. I could sleep for 12 hours easy before baby came. Used to be 7. The other day I decided to research the meds I'm on ( bisoporol fumarate ) and found many other people having a hard time on it. Sleeping all the time, lost get up and go, putting on weight, head in a shed. I thought it was still the withdrawal working its tricks with me. But it's probably my meds. From one drug to another. Not much I can do about that or I might die if I stop them. Just want to be like normal for a bit.

Sorry if u just read all that and are now wanting your 2 mins back
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Not enjoying dreaming
Ade,wales

Postby Ade,wales » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Without noticing I have passed 6 months. No cravings anymore. Was with someone the other day who was smoking pure in a pipe and I just thought to myself, would be so easy to just have a hit now, see wot happens. But I 100% didn't want to. Totally over the desire to be stoned.

Still don't know how good I am now. Still want to sleep all the time and have little get up and go. But due to my meds probably. My mind won't stop, always got some sh** rattling around in there, overthinking, worrying, pointlessly. Feels like the 'chilled' part of me is fading.

Possibly my mind is coming back to life and because I've kinda ignored it for so long I don't know how to use it anymore.

This road to recovery is longer than I hoped. But there's no going back. So just crack on. Can't get worse can it?
Ade,wales

Postby Wave » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:10 pm

You are yourself mate that the cravings are gone, so you are seeing progress. Just remember for us who smoked/vaped for a lot of years (I was everyday for 9 years) it can take 18-24 months, but each day will get a little easier.

Already I think back to the first week when I was hardly sleeping and cravings like mad and so feel there is progress. I have got a lot done today but some days I do seriously lack motivation, but it does seem to get getting better, little by little!!

6 months though, congrats! Hope you carry on seeing progress!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 211

Postby Ade,wales » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Went to jiu jitsu tonight and it felt real good to get out there with straight people and to do something I like. Couple hours of quite physical exercise and learn to be 'ard.

Can definitely feel the benefits of not pumping loads of sh*** into my lungs thru joints and fags. Gonna try a bit of proper exercise to get rid of my newly developed gut. And try to put on some muscle. Used to bench 100 kg, be lucky to lift 50 now.
Ade,wales

PreviousNext