Everywhere, Shallow People Everywhere

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:35 pm

All criticism is self criticism and projection, take a look in the mirror, do you love who you are?
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby jacob635 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:All criticism is self criticism and projection, take a look in the mirror, do you love who you are?

Yes, I love who I am.

What is it that I am criticising exactly?

To think that ALL criticism is self criticism may make sense to you but to me that just sounds like drivel..
If there was nothing I could criticise about you or another person then you are suggesting that there is nothing that can be improved, which means that everything is perfect as it is?! I know that who I am, my character may be "perfect" but how I express that in my behaviour cannot be perfect everyday.
jacob635

Likes Received: 13

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Only you know what you are criticising, we all change at the perfect pace for us, there is no need to make someone wrong for who someone is and where they are in their lives.

Strong people do not put others down, strong people lift others up
JuliusFawcett

Postby jacob635 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:All criticism is self criticism and projection

jacob635 wrote:What is it that I am criticising exactly?

JuliusFawcett wrote:Only you know what you are criticising

This just doesn't make sense. To me what you are suggesting is that I think I am criticising myself for being not shallow enough or am criticising myself for being too deep, which I don't think I am either. Therefore you must think I am criticising myself for something completely different, some deep unconscious disconnected something ?! :lol:
If you are going to reply that my assumptions are only what I assumed you were trying to explain in your last message rather than what you were actually expressing then this thread can be closed~ I think your idea of learning is more heavily based on ones interpretation of a message rather than the actual intrinsic value of a message which is opposed to my views.

JuliusFawcett wrote:Strong people do not put others down, strong people lift others up

Strength is not important to me but if you are suggesting that we should not identify our friend's weaknesses, even when they want our opinions on how they can become stronger versions of themselves, then how do you help them..?
jacob635

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:34 pm

You can tell them what you would like to be without criticising

for example

You could be more loving
You could be more forgiving
You could be more fun
You could be more caring
You could be more kind
You could be more accepting
You could be more optimistic
You could be more respectful

No criticism required
JuliusFawcett

Postby jacob635 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 pm

these are all well and good things until you actually apply them to a real life situation. If constructive criticism isn't even okay then how can you be happy if you are going to deny somebody else of personal growth and happiness?!

People are dying everyday because there is something WRONG with people's minds where they think that killing other people is alright and you are suggesting that for us to grow we should not criticise.. If you are so keen to be content in taking no action, then this makes you a bystander.
jacob635

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:21 pm

The point is that I have been very active with my philosophy, I actively challenge people every day and over the last 20 years I have made a positive difference to literally thousands of peoples lives without ever criticising anyone. I am a pacifist, I radiate peace, I am a hedonist, I radiate happiness, I am a humanist, I radiate humanity. I help, encourage, support, bless, respect, accept, appreciate, praise, hug, smile, give, approve, forgive and these are active and these are developmental. It's all good.
JuliusFawcett

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:...I have made a positive difference to literally thousands of peoples lives without ever criticising anyone....

Julius, as pointed out to you time and again you are passive-aggressive. You criticize others all the time in your own special way.

I do agree with you that most definitely you have helped make a positive difference for some people. Some people do enjoy what you offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaYcMMGDUXE

For instance, this video you produced on suicide demonstrates 21 such people.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1084

Postby jacob635 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Without meaning to sound patronising, you continually to avoid answering my questions and I think it may be because you can't.
There is nothing wrong with not being able to answer a question which you will be keen to point out, but when you talk of acceptance and surrendering to each situation, your response of people's criticism surely cannot be to consider it unnecessary and to ultimately avoid it for how will you grow? How can humanity realise that murder is wrong if we give unconditional positive regard to the situation/context?
jacob635

Postby JuliusFawcett » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 am

we feel that murder is wrong intuitively, this is backed up by laws/commandments, only a cold logic allows a murderer to continue, criticism will rarely change that, in fact criticism is a type of cold logic, love and warmth is more likely to change a murderer towards sanity
JuliusFawcett

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:09 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:we feel that murder is wrong intuitively, this is backed up by laws/commandments, only a cold logic allows a murderer to continue...

Julius is simply wrong on this point. The vast majority of murders are spur of the moment, sparked by anger. The vast majority of people are killed by someone they know, a family member, coworker or romantic partner. A man walks in on his wife being unfaithful or two men get involved in a verbal argument that spins out of control. Murder is based on emotion, not logic. Murder is based on a person "in the moment" not being able to control their gut instinct to take out their anger on another human being.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1084

Postby Septimus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 am

Yes many people are very shallow these days, its all about seeking approval from others and status. Unfortunately because most people are like that, they are rewarded for it. People with morals are few and far between its all about fitting in with the shallow society.
Septimus

Likes Received: 4

Previous