8 months cannabis withdrawal

Postby netty28661 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi nate, I have to agree with lynne - exercise & meditation is key to recuperation.

I've been clean nearly 3 yrs, life is fantastic & I'm in a good place at the moment. Without doubt I was at my worst between 3 & 9 months with insomnia & crippling depression/anxiety. Really started to improve at the 12 month point & steadily got better & better over next 12 months. It definately took 2 yrs, but the second year wasn't too bad, I still had ups & downs of between a couple of days & maybe a week (that's the bad!), but then months feeling great.

I still feel anxiety on waking but only if I havent exercised or meditated.

It takes time but its worth it in the end, stick with it!

Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby scotchmizzed » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:51 pm

NateTGreat wrote:
I was and still am getting physical symptoms to some degree or another; mainly dizzy spells, anxiety surges, head pressure, head and neck aches, buzzing or static head, and brain fog plus dp/dr.

For me, the worst part of the day is always the morning. I seem to get up way earlier than I need to, and then feel spaced out, groggy and dizzy until a few hours later. Though my sleep has improved, that is also still plagued with spells of insomnia. On a good night I'm usually getting about 7 hrs of sleep but with at least 3-4 interruptions. Not once in this withdrawal process have I slept completely through the night.

Hi nate, thanks so much for posting how your feeling in such a clear and concise way, Ive read your posts on one of the other forums and it was you who lead me here, i'm nearly 5 months into recovery and have been to doctors for blood tests because of this feeling (groggy,slight dizziness, spaced out feeling) and thought i had something up with me.

My doctor initially diagnosed diabetes which was quite shocking for me and made these feeling much worse, to then be told in my subsequent blood test that they made a mistake.

I have searched endlessly for explanations as to what i'm feeling as i thought i would be by the worst of it and BINGO found your post. I'm so relieved that i'm not going mad,got something worse and that i'm not alone with this feeling..

Thanks so much for sharing and for the record -smoked since i was 18 years old, am now 47 yrs and really was only last few years with the high THC home grown stuff that my problems really started and am well by the craving or even interested in MJ.

Just want to get well..
scotchmizzed

Likes Received: 1

Postby NateTGreat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Hang in there, Scotchmizzed. As you probably figured by now, you are not alone in these symptoms of recovery. There seems to be no reason why some get them and some don't, though I'm sure it is correlated to potency and length of use. From what I've read, and for extreme cases, recovery can take up to 2-3 years before feeling normal. Unfortunately I, like many others at 9 months clean, still feel far from good. I still am lightheaded, dizzy, anxious, depressed, depersonalized, etc. And to top it off, I nearly fainted this past Wednesday lifting weights at the gym. Don't know why, as I have actually been feeling good at my workouts lately. Or so I thought... I've been taking extra good care of my diet, exercise, and sleep, and trying to relax with meditation. So for I have no clue if anything I'm doing for my self is helping to speed my recovery.

I have seemed to have gone backwards again in my recovery this past week. More wooziness, more heart palpitations, and over all more depressed. I know my brain chemistry is still out of wack and trying to heal, but I seriously question still if this is all part of the cannabis withdrawal and PAWS. I too have seen pretty much every doctor and all tests come back normal...I'm actually consulting with an acupuncturist and a naturopath next week to see if acupuncture or amino acid therapy may help my symptoms. Plus, with all the same stories on this site of the same types of recoveries, it is hard to believe that there isn't going to be a day when we are feeling well again. Because right now, I am desperate, and miserable.

God Bless
NateTGreat

Likes Received: 34

Postby Meruem » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

How's Nate I've read so much from your posts. You have been through a hard journey that I've been on for the past 11 months. Things are really tough, I'm asking myself if these are paws or something else I'm not aware of. Anyway I just wanted to know more about your progress, you haven't updated in a very long time. Stories like yours are one the most influential. Thank you.
Meruem

Likes Received: 0

Postby jmh335 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Same boat as you guys. 6 months in, wondering if I’ll ever get better. Slept well for a few days then total sh** last night. When my gf can’t sleep, it just takes a little longer. When I can’t sleep, I won’t ever fall asleep. I then take Benadryl and feel like total sh** the next day. Add in the anxiety and depression. F#|€.

I’ve been doing ok recently and I seemed to have gotten in a routine, then this happens. Absolutely no reason for it. I can’t explain it. Is it really paws or do I just have extreme insomnia? Idk
jmh335

Likes Received: 5

Postby Lucy0611 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Hello jmh335 and Meruem,
Im 10 months in and I have exactly the same problems as you guys.
It is better than the first few months but than some days the anxiety, brainfog and derealisation hit me hard again :-(
I hope to feel normal again one day.
Lucy0611

Likes Received: 7

Postby mikeabbot » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 am

10 months in and feel great. Still have some bad days but it's just a bad day. Only issues I have is low libido. But that is also coming back slowly.
It does get better! Seriously! It's a different time span for everyone. Just stick to it, no matter how hard it might be.
mikeabbot

Likes Received: 26

Previous