How long did your marijuana withdrawal last? PLEASE POST

Postby Prosaicfox » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:48 pm

I would like to see how long marijuana withdrawal lasted for fully recovered people in one forum thread to see if there is any kind of pattern. There is no research or data regarding this matter. I have tried to find this information and there are only stories. By withdrawal, I mean the brain fog, anxiety, vision issues, depression, ect. I find a lot of people stop posting here after about 10 months which means their symptoms have diminished. I would like to test this theory by sampling the recovered population. I believe having this information consolidated into one thread will give a lot of others hope regarding recovery. Thank you anyone who posts.

Please post:
1. Your age during recovery
2. How long and how much you smoked
3. Your withdrawal symptoms
4. Time until your symptoms started fading
5. Time until you fully recovered.

I am not interested in short term withdrawal. Please don't post unless you had withdrawal longer than 6 months. I am not making a poll because I want detailed information. Polls are vague and unreliable data.
Prosaicfox

Likes Received: 3

Postby desperate788 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 pm

I dont know how much marijuana withdrawal lasts but smoking withdrawal doesnt get so long i experienced that
desperate788

Likes Received: 58

Postby Furtive » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Thoroughly confusing.

Please post but not if under 6 months.?
Yet you know it's all vague anyway?

Troll?
Furtive
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 177

Postby desperate788 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm

My cravings for six month ended in 6 months after quit
desperate788

Postby netty28661 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 am

I'm 53 now, was 50 when I quit,

I smoked for 10 years of which the last 5 were pretty heavy. I held down a job but frequently went home early purely to smoke, at weekends I would do virtually nothing but vegetate! I was probably smoking between 5 & 8 spliffs a day or avout £50 per week.

Withdrawal - 1st 8 wks horrendous moodswings, cravings, anger, anxiety etc, month 3 - felt great with loads of enthusiasm, month 4 to 9 again horrendous but more depression/anxiety, crippling insomnia. month 10 started to have a day or 2 at a time feeling ok, these gradually increased over year 2 to the stage I was having long periods of feeling good & maybe a week at a time of depression maybe every couple of months. I was still waking up most mornings with an awful feeling of dread, whilst feeling great most of the time throughout year 2 & even 3 I still had this feeling when I woke up, it has only stopped in the last couple of months & I will have been clean 3 years next month.

In short it has taken just short of 3 years for what I would call full recovery, obviously the longer clean mean much less symptoms. I started to exercise about a month after quitting & still find it helps, started meditating 9 months in & that REALLY helped. I noticed if I didnt meditate the anxiety crept back but now I dont need to meditate every day.

I can not describe just how bad it was, it would take me forever but there are people that have suffered much more than me & people that suffer less, it's very much a personal thing.

Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby weedhater » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:27 am

1. Your age during recovery: mid 20's

2. How long and how much you smoked: a decade. by the end of it: all day every day weed, hash, and hash oil from a large bong and vaporizer collection... a disgusting amount that was impossible to keep track of. I wouldn't go an hour without it. The addiction progressed ever since I first started, I was addicted since the very first time I ever smoked weed and it was constantly getting worse. I started off smoking around once a week, finishing at more than once an hour. When you smoke that much, it's impossible to get 'high' because you never experience a transition from sober consciousness to stoned... your receptors get down regulated and you get braindead.

3. Your withdrawal symptoms: puking my guts out every time I tried to eat food. Lost a good 20 pounds at least. After one month I had my appetite back, that was the hardest part, going all day without eating anything and then eating a banana and puking. I puked hundreds of times during withdrawal. Insomnia, like staying up for a week straight followed by horrible sleep disturbances (sleep paralysis etc.). Severe panic attacks. For 6 months I did not have the motivation to do so much as play video games, I was just staring at a wall waiting it out. I had extreme cravings to the point that I would think about cannabis from morning until night all day, every day obsessively. It was completely f***ed like I was a crack fiend honestly. After the acute withdrawal I began to experience extreme panic attacks that are simply not describable but utter hell. This led me to the emergency room at the hospital multiple times with my heart pounding out of my chest, begging for mercy and telling my family that it was my time to die and that I was sorry for wasting my life. I began to self harm at this point, cutting myself and stuff because of the godawful miserable panic attacks.
After I stopped fiending weed, having realized it was over and I was never going to be able to smoke it again, I began to fiend other drugs. The brain was seeking alternatives, in the words of my addiction doctor. I didn't actually act out on this and use other recreational drugs but it was another phase of withdrawal to go through, for a few months I was fiending for acid and mdma and any sort of consciousness altering drug but I got through that nonsense too - it was just a reaction of fiending the dope for so long. I no longer desire any sort of consciousness altering recreational drugs and I think they are stupid (like how I did before I became a junkie)

4. Time until your symptoms started fading: The physical symptoms were over in a month. The extremely anxiety peaked around 6 months and has been slowly improving ever since. The severe depression lasted around 6 months a year. I will probably never recover from the severe panic disorder that was triggered by abusing this drug, I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse and I go schizophrenic or something.

5. Time until you fully recovered: I will never fully recover. I just have to learn to live with the new me, this newfound extreme anxiety disorder I have picked up. But I will never touch that garbage filth again so long as I live.
weedhater

Likes Received: 7

Postby Lovely77 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:46 pm

I have to stop smoking weed but the withdrawal is killing me. I cant eat or sleep all i do is cry. Please help
Lovely77

Likes Received: 0

Postby uniqueason » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:21 am

Hey weedeater sid you go schizophrenic lol? How you guy doing now its been awhile
uniqueason

Likes Received: 8

Postby Cthompson21 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:16 am

Age 28
Smoked one time! But abused other drugs. Weed really set me off. See my threads for details.

Symptoms were horrible panic attacks, dp and dr, insomnia, depression, social anxiety, dehydration, chest pains, stomach cramps, fatigue.
6 to 7 months they became noticeably better.
Time until recovered, maybe a year ish? I still have the anxiety and insomnia and doubt they will ever go away completely. Maybe check back in a year and see, ha. But my symptoms have been pretty constant the past several months. It has been a hard and bitter road. I lost the person I used to be and am sad about that. But I've learned ways to manage over time. I think that is what recovery is about.
Cthompson21