An introduction

Postby Q_sert » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello everyone. I've registered on this forum because I've recently discovered that I suffer from narcissistic personality disorder, and I'm (ideally) looking to learn more about living with it, and changing how I act. It makes so much sense to me now, and explains why I don't seem to like many people or understand many people's emotional states at times. Essentially, read a description of the symptoms of NPD and I fit them almost perfectly. It's been an eye opening experience.

I'm at a point in my life now, where the feelings of greatness I seem to always have are leading to depression, because I don't feel I am at the place I should be. I feel like I should be doing more with my life, living a life of unparalleled success and not the mediocre life I'm currently living.
Obviously I know that's my NPD talking, but it's true all the same. The depression comes and goes, interwoven with my feelings of grandiosity and fervent desire to succeed. I'm hoping I can learn to cope with it, and maybe turn these feelings into a form of discipline so that I can actually get somewhere in life, or at least a bit better than where I am right now.

Anyway, that's my intro. Wonderful to be here, I'm sure I'll be posting quite a bit.
Q_sert

Likes Received: 1

Postby JuliusFawcett » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Changing your self talk to hypnotise yourself into enjoying this moment, stop comparing yourself with others and forgiving yourself for who you are, accepting yourself as you are and being grateful for being alive is easy to do and good fun. This video can help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGgnx4f ... YwdCN2DLoN
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby Q_sert » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Hypnosis doesn't work for me. I think it might be because of my NPD, I have this deep-seeded rejection of people telling me how to think and the like. I find myself laughing at pretty much every hypnosis program I've tried. Even when I go into it with all sincerity. It just doesn't get to me like it should.
Q_sert

Postby JuliusFawcett » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Good, sincerity will never give you the happiness that you would like, that you laugh at hypnosis is healthy, that you reject it only goes to show how powerful your conditioning is to be more open minded, change the next thought that you have or not, it's not up to me to control your mind, awareness of your personal power is what will change your life to be more happy.
JuliusFawcett

Postby Danacovert82 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:31 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. I hope we can learn from each other.
Danacovert82

Likes Received: 13

Postby EdLee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:16 am

Welcome to uncommonforum. Don't give up and believe in yourself you can cope with this.
EdLee

Postby johnmason » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

@Juliet fawcett is not a person..but a computer program
johnmason

Likes Received: 0

Postby JuliusFawcett » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:26 pm

what makes you think that John?
JuliusFawcett

Postby johnmason » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 pm

what makes you think that Julius fawcett?
johnmason

Postby JuliusFawcett » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 pm

It's my human nature to think
JuliusFawcett

Postby Ivan Herrejon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Q_sert said "read a description of the symptoms of NPD and I fit them almost perfectly." However, before doing a self-diagnosis I think that you should see a Psychologist, in order for the diagnosis to be correct.

If you don't see one I would like to tell you the criteria of NPD the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) has.

1. A grandiose sense of self-importance (Which you don't sound like because you said "the mediocre life I'm currently living.")
2.Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3.Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions). (Which you don't sound like because you are looking for help in a forum).
4.Requires excessive admiration.
5.Has a sense of entitlement
6. Is interpersonally exploitative
7.Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the fellings and needs of others.
8.Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9.Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
(You need five or more in order to be diagnosed with Narcissitic Personality Diorder according to the DSM).

I encourage you to go ta a Psychologist in order to be diagnosed, (if you have NPD, you could learn more about it) and treat the depression that you talk about.

Respectfully,
Ivan Herrejon
Ivan Herrejon

Postby Drewbirdpoint » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:39 am

Hello All,

I am also a newbie here !!!

I am here to discuss about the Emotionally Intelligence Leadership. Which is very useful nowadays to become a successful and effective leader.
Drewbirdpoint