Finally ready to quit cannabis

Postby lostinhope » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 am

Wow, this really resonates with me. Congratulations to everyone who has succeed in quitting. Today was it for me. I have hit a low. Heres my story. I started smoking at 14 years old (once every month or so), by age 15 I was smoking every day. Now 3 almost 4 years will have passed with my practically being on weed the whole time. Granted, I have quit multiple times for 1-2 months (trying to quit for good) but eventually ended up relapsing. I am currently a freshman in college and the last time I was sober was September-December 2015. I then decided to take a hit and it went up from there. Now I am sitting here with a bong, a grinder, and plenty of flower and I want to be done with it. Its so hard when its so easy to get high, and I have so much money invested. But in the beginning of the year I was much more outgoing, meeting lots of girls, and since I have been smoking heavily again for 4-5 months I have be hardly eating because Im too paranoid to go out to the cafeteria and see someone I know. My rooms a complete mess, I have bills to pay, relationships to fix, Im not calling my parents at all and I know this is all due to weed. How should I quit when I love it so much, but know it's slowly destroying my life, taking my goals away, diminishing my motivation, lowering my esteem, hurting my body. I know this may be a mess to read, Im currently high and tired. Much love, thanks for reading.
lostinhope

Likes Received: 2

Postby Wave » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi and welcome,

It reads find what you wrote and can relate to a lot of it. I think the most powerful thing you can do it really change your mindset about weed.

When I really thought about it, most of the time I was in withdrawal to a certain degree, making me isolated and costing me lots of money. Since quitting I way more social, have more money (£200/month on green it a lot) and sleep a million times better.

Sure, getting high is ace. But after a few years it really isnt, I was smoking/vaping so much I barely felt high at all. When I finally realise how negative it's effect was on my life was when I had this quit (almost 13 months!!)

You have listed loads of negatives that weed has caused, are there really many positives?

I am starting I get to the point where I really don't miss it, just still noy mastered not having it when around wedd smokers when I am out, still working in that (smoked 5 times since April '15 and regretted each one massively.

Start a thread and here and have a go, great community of people here to help you!!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 217

Postby tokes » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:09 am

happy to know youve past a year brother....congrats
tokes

Likes Received: 33

Postby slick_willy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Yeah congrats Wave. I am at about 3 months and now my next big milestone is 6 months, so a year is a big deal. Well done
slick_willy

Likes Received: 57

Postby lmcbride » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:39 am

Wave, how you doing buddy? I'm Just about to hit 11 months!
lmcbride

Likes Received: 69

Postby Wave » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:42 am

Hey lmcbride, thanks for the asking how I am doing!! Well done on making it this far, how are you feeling.

15.5 Months

Things are going ok. Be under a lot of pressure recently and this has not helped. Stopped doing exercise recently and I feel so much worse because of this. I know I need to get back into gym and running again, as it helps so much.

I have also had a couple of slip ups recently, and started to smoke cigs a little bit too :? . Neither of these are good but still know I am so done with where I was when I started this journey. Going to stop the cigs very soon, which will be a very good thing to put past me.

I am excited to reach 18 month since everyday use and still enjoy how much more active and social I have become, but still need to push myself to get involved in new things in the area. It is a working progress but I will manage it!!

On the whole, doing well and still feel a lot more positive but dont feel even after all this time I bot fully there yet, but I will get there! I have also realised it will also be something I need to be mindful and keep making the right choice, life is too short to be an isolated stoner!
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 217

Previous