Does it really all get better?

Postby Ihceik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:42 am

I'm having doubts today. Reading a few threads, people who have quit for over a year are still experiencing a lot of symptoms and are still in doubt of their own recovery. I'm easily annoyed and extremely quick to anger, which is caused severe problems with my other half. I'm shrouded in DP/DR most of the time, I get intrusive violent thoughts and random donkey body pains. My anxiety is through the roof yet, I cling onto this hope that it will get better one day. But will that day ever come? After years of abuse, surely we can't expect things to return to how they were? or what we consider "normal". I'd appreciate any responses! Also please feel free to share links to success stories. Piling all up in 1 thread for people to refer to whenever they are in need of reassurance would be a great aid for all, I believe.
Ihceik

Likes Received: 7

Postby biggiesize » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Trust me.....It does get better.In July of this year i will celebrate 7 years clean and i can tell you that it can take anywhere from 1 -2 years for your brain to rewire and for you to feel normal again.You can click my name and read some of my post going back from 2008 and I think that they will be of some help to you.Hang in there.After the brainfog lifts and everything is clear,life will have new meaning.
biggiesize

Likes Received: 27

Postby Ihceik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Biggiesize, thank you for your reply. It's also nice to see someone dating back to 2008 still roaming the boards, giving people who were in your position a glimmer of hope of what's on the other side of the seemingly dark tunnel. So why is it that you are still here?
Ihceik

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

How long u stopped now?
Ade,wales

Likes Received: 103

Postby Ihceik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Technicslly, since Sept. But had literally 1 toke in Feb because I returned back to my home country for the death of a family member very close to me and had a panic attack. So i' reset it to near 2 months now. But some part of me is hoping that 1 toke (literally one pull!) didn't totally reset everything...
Ihceik

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:14 pm

wow. i thought u were talking couple of weeks or something.
u've done really good
and it must get better. loads of people have gone thru this sh** and come out the other end
do u get the urge to smoke now? or think of starting again to make things better?
Ade,wales

Postby Ihceik » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:52 pm

I get cravings here and there but nothing really major. It also helps that the country I work in currently, considers weed highly fking illegal and not something I'd choose or want to procure here.
Ihceik

Postby Ade,wales » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:32 pm

where are you?
Ade,wales

Postby JuliusFawcett » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:44 pm

10 years quit and perfectly happy and healthy, it's worth it, and is one moment at a time
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby Ihceik » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Anymore success stories?
Ihceik

Postby Salsa » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:30 pm

bvl, BobTheBuilder, olskoolru, netty ...
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 58

Postby expotsmoker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:09 am

I quit 8 months ago, and only for the last 1/2 months have i noticed real improvements that stay with me and dont disappear after a day or two. I now feel pretty good most of the time & would rate my mood at about 8 out of 10.

Before that i was severely depressed, feeling liek crap all day long, getting in arguments with people and not enjoying stuff thats supposed to be fun.

My friends would have a conversation and i'd just sit there, not giving a sh** what they are saying. I'm now pretty sure this was all caused by cannabis abuse cause these symptoms are disappearing fast! and im starting to enjoy life without weed again.

TL;DR: Yes it does get better, but it can take quite some time. Good luck man hope you feel better soon
expotsmoker

Likes Received: 1

Postby Davinci » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 am

expotsmoker wrote:I quit 8 months ago, and only for the last 1/2 months have i noticed real improvements that stay with me and dont disappear after a day or two. I now feel pretty good most of the time & would rate my mood at about 8 out of 10.

Before that i was severely depressed, feeling liek crap all day long, getting in arguments with people and not enjoying stuff thats supposed to be fun.

My friends would have a conversation and i'd just sit there, not giving a sh** what they are saying. I'm now pretty sure this was all caused by cannabis abuse cause these symptoms are disappearing fast! and im starting to enjoy life without weed again.

TL;DR: Yes it does get better, but it can take quite some time. Good luck man hope you feel better soon

Hey man, im happy to see that you are finally getting better after a long while.

I just reach the 8 months mark and im not felling any better, my depression and insomnia are very real for me.

Can you describe more about your symptons, and who the process of healing was for you?
Davinci

Likes Received: 13

Postby bvl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Ihceik, I've been in your shoes 2 years ago. I'm just over my 3 year mark and all I can say is that YES, it does get better! I still have random bouts of depression and anger episodes ( with or without reason) but that's just a part of life. I'm still working on improving myself, and though I still have some sh***y days I am thankful for my life, just as it is. I do have some pretty good days as well.
I know it is the hardest thing to do, but try to allow yourself to be patient. You'll feel better after one more year. The worst is gone, keep your faith alive!
bvl

Likes Received: 14

Postby netty28661 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:36 am

Hi ihceik, Yes it gets way way better! Like bvl I'm just over 3 years clean, we quit around the same time & went through ALOT of issues together.

I feel I live & enjoy my life for whatever it is at the time, I feel very very grateful I don't have weed controlling my life. I can now deal with what life throws at me. The first year was extremely hard, second got easier & third even better & what I consider normal. I would say it took two years, but the feeling of dread I had on waking up lasted 18 months, but once I was up & about I was fine.

I'm doing a "sprint triathlon" in July - I never thought I'd be doing that.

I eat well, drink lots of water, exercise 6 days a week & meditation has been a massive help!

Keep up the good work, its well worth it!

Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 58

Next

Return to Addictions