Weed depersonalization cbd

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:36 am

Hi everyone,

I feel obligated to post this as I have found something that has drastically helped my dp, and I know how terrible dp is and feel I must at least share this information. Now I don't intend to give anyone the solution to their problem, nor claim I have "cure". I have suffered from marijuana induced dp for three years now and almost all of my progress today has come as a result of changing my habits and thinking patterns. It's been a long rod and no one thing can fix your problems.

Anyway, I will get on to what I came here to say. I truly believe that my depersonalization came as a result of using high THC strains. I developed such severe anxiety and fear of everything that I slowly dissociated from my self. This was the depersonalization. If you look up scholarly articles on Google there is some research on thc actually inducing fear and social isolation in lab rats.

After reading these types of articles for ages, looking for a solution, I slowly began to realize the connection between thc and cbd, another compound in weed. CBD has almost all of the opposite effects of thc, including anti anxiety and anti psychotic effects. I had a hunch for a long time that if I were to get my hands on some CBD that i may see some results. In my personal opinion nature always has a way of balancing out and this made sense to me.

So after 2 years of dp I bought Dixie dew drops. They are available in the U.S. and Canada legally. They are said to be pure CBD extract. They seem to me like a sketchy company and they charge a high amount for their product. However I still bought the drops and tried them. The results were mild but noticeable. I would have moments where I would just feel normal and I would have sleeps that felt like they did when I was a child, just peaceful and normal. I used these for. Bit but the effects were not noticeable enoug to continue.

Now a couple of months go, I finally tried some high CBD bud. The results were pretty incredible. I smoked very little and the my fear just kind of dissipated. The disconnection with e
Everything disappeared and I just felt at ease with everyone around me. I felt like I was overthinking everything before and just felt comfortable in my skin. I produces a very strange feeling. It's almost like I cnt get anxious on it. Like I will feel an anxious thought and just kind of
Recognize "oh this is anxiety". Similar to what I try to gain from meditation, however I feel like there ws always a part of my brain chemistry that prevented me from obtaining it.

Anyway I relly don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path, use your instincts and if you don't feel comfortable trying CBD after suffering from the use of weed in the past, then don't. Everyone is different and what worked in my case my not be what you need. Again go with your gut. I just feel like I had to share my experience as it would be unfair to not let people know that there my be something that helps them find relief. And sorry for the typos... Doing this on an iPad :).

Cheers
Anon1717

Likes Received: 0

Postby greener pastures » Thu May 07, 2015 2:27 am

Do you live where its legal? I mean, where the heck would you find that kind of weed? Just curious...
greener pastures

Likes Received: 13

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:30 am

Well in the us it can be found in the legal states and in the medical states. It is hard to find I admit but I think that soon it will become more available. CBD is gaining lots of popularity.

Do you mind if I ask where u live?
Anon1717

Postby greener pastures » Thu May 07, 2015 2:38 am

Ok, that makes sense. Cause I can't imagine dealers are getting specific sh** like that. Sounds cool though. I live In Austin Texas. I lived in Seattle for 30 years, and the summer I left, it was legalized. Just my luck. Or was it a blessing, dunno.
greener pastures

Likes Received: 13

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:45 am

Yeah you'd have to go through a companyp to find it. Most likely a blessing if you are here to quit :)
Anon1717

Postby Furtive » Thu May 07, 2015 8:18 am

Can you describe your usage of the CBD bud?

how long since you first tried it, how often and how much are you smoking?

When it wears off, is there a return of anxiety? Is there a hangover from it? Dodgy dreams?

Finally, does it taste good?
Furtive
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 177

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:18 am

I've used it for a couple of months now. I use it roughly three times a day, just very small amounts. With CBD less is more. When it wears off there I some anxiety but usually it is less intense. I am hoping it reconditions my brain the same way thc did.

There is really no hangover, sometimes I feel a little tired or lazy, but I change that by excersising. No bad dreams, in fact I have been sleeping well. It tastes just like regular bud
Anon1717

Postby Furtive » Thu May 07, 2015 2:08 pm

certainly sounds promising.

Here in the UK we don't really have much medical dispensation.
It's ironic that the law refers to it as a "controlled" substance when in fact the
consequence of the law drives the supply underground and therefore uncontrolled.

I'll keep an open mind and wait for more positive stories of people quitting
traditional weed by using CBD-dominant strains as a placebo/replacement/anti-anxiolytic.

Can you tell us the strain name, and, er, if possible, the ratio of dry mass %THC:CBD ...?
Thanks.
No worries if you can't.
As I say it's mostly academic at this point for me.
Furtive
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 177

Postby AdamUK » Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm not sure what i think about weed legal in the UK however cannabidiol (CBD) has been studied right up against the anti-psychotic medication i take with very positive results so i would like to try this and see if it works for me as there wouldn't be the side-effects i get off the anti-psychotic i currently take.
AdamUK

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Please let me know if you do try that Adam. I have a cousin with psychosis and I was thinking of suggesting it for him. I know you can buy CBD drops from the Netherlands. They aren't nearly as strong as the bud itself but it may give you an idea
Anon1717

Postby Anon1717 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:05 pm

The stuff I use has 6% CBD and 2% thc
Anon1717

Postby AdamUK » Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm

I don't think those CBD drops from the Netherlands are good enough to treat medical problems, unfortunately. I probably have to wait 10 years to get CBD in the UK if it proves successful in further trials. I looked at getting it on the blackmarket from the US but i don't think i could get any consistency in terms of dose and the prices quoted were shocking. Time will tell i guess.
AdamUK

Postby johnmckee » Thu May 07, 2015 6:34 pm

There are also CBD capsules available that have a fixed amount of CBD. High CBD strains are making a comeback for medical purposes. There is still THC in those strains so be careful when trying a new one, and try to use as little as possible. More doesn't always equal better.

This is a good resource that discusses CBD vs THC and anxiety: http://quitmarijuana.org/marijuana-and-anxiety/
johnmckee

Likes Received: 6

Postby Thepokerghost » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 am

I realize this is really old but thanks for posting this. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to give this a try and you've given me the impetus I needed. I hope I experience similar results but, if not, my DP is manageable enough to survive a setback. Cheers!
Thepokerghost

Postby Gondix » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain Green Ribbon from ilovegrowingmarijuana blogs. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Gondix