Falling Asleep during session?

Postby Kelmot » Fri May 29, 2015 3:21 pm

I have done a few hypnosis downloads and after about the first 3 listenings, I tend to fall asleep during the session. No, it's not because it's boring. On one hand, I feel that I am relaxing [very] well, and this is a good thing. I also tend to feel that even though I am asleep, the information is getting into my mind - however, there are part of the session which ask me to think of things and then do things with those thoughts. I don't know if my sleeping state handles that well. I do feel very refreshed after listening. I am not listening to these things at 1am when I should be sleeping anyways, I am doing them in the evenings, after work when I can be in a quiet place.

So, the question is: do these things work even on a mind that is not conscious?

FYI: My main focus for using these sessions is to help abate my very sensitive hearing / extreme misophonia.

Thanks much.
Christine
Kelmot

Likes Received: 1

Postby jargan » Sun May 31, 2015 1:59 am

Do you wake up right near the end of the recording? If so, that's a very good sign it's not "normal" sleep... you're still going along with the suggestions, otherwise you wouldn't even notice when it's time to come back.
If, in the session, you're asked to think of things and mentally shift those thoughts around or something, that doesn't mean you absolutely have to do that consciously... unconscious thinking is quite different but chances are it will actually work even better that way.
jargan
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 34

Postby Kelmot » Sun May 31, 2015 2:20 am

Sometimes I do wake at the end, and sometimes not. I do know there are sometimes too, that I recall that it's ending, but I decide not to open my eyes - simply staying in a rest mode and relaxing a bit.

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Kelmot

Postby Hypnofan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:06 am

try making a selfhypnosis recording in your own voice with suggestion of hand levitation or similar visible responses and ask someone to see if your hand levitates during session or use a video camera to record the response to confirm your suggestions are working.
Hypnofan

Likes Received: 0

Postby loica » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi Christine,

I know that this is an old post, but I still wanting to answer your question.

the simplest answer I have for you is: Now that you have listened to it a few times, do you see improvement?

For some people, falling asleep isnt a problem, and for some people it is.
Hypnosis brings you into an alpha state, which is precursor to falling asleep, thus, totally normal that you would.
It seems to me that your subconscious (hypnosis focus on your subconscious) is still listening and paying attention as you said that you wake up at the end (but then choose to go to sleep).

If after several listening (and falling asleep) you do see a marked improvement over your issues, I say continue that way, its working.

If, on the other hand, you do not see satisfactory improvement, I would suggest you sit in a chair, instead of lying down, and see if that helps you not going so deep and fall asleep. (your body is conditioned to falling asleep when lying down and going into alpha state)

Also pre-conditioning yourself before the recording, such as taking a few deep breaths and telling yourself that at the end of the recording you will wake up, might help you better notice if you fell asleep or were just in a deep trance. (if you fell asleep, you most likely will not wake up during the wake-up phase, but if you were in a deep trance, you will either wake up as per suggested, or you will better notice, as you already have, that you are waking up but choosing to go back into trance and falling asleep

Hope it helps!
loica

Likes Received: 0

Postby Kelmot » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks for the notes and reply - no matter how old my original post is. Indeed, I have seen a marked improvement. Since getting these, I usually only do them once or twice a week now. Sometimes still falling under, sometimes not.

Thanks again!
Kelmot

Postby umairlooms » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:25 pm

falling asleep is actually not an issue at all.
umairlooms

Likes Received: 5

Return to Hypnosis