3 Cops invade my bedroom, carry me to psychward.

Postby PianoBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm

For no good reason at all. My parents got in touch with the mental health building in my town early february. They proceeded to call the cops and have them come into my bedroom and carry me to the psyche ward in the hospital. I was kept in there for about a month and a half and since then they transferred me to a care facility right near by and I've been here since. This is ridiculous.

Their reasoning, which I heard from the doctor, was that I was Isolating myself. Really. I need some alone time sometimes. Okay, I'm 24 and was living at home, but before this I just came through a really tough situation and breakup the best option I had was to move back to my parents house. Little did I know.

It's super frustrating, emotional, cause I know I shouldn't be here. It's just wasting my time. Anyways, does anyone know what I can do, legally, to not let this happen again? The people who have the most say in things around here aren't really on my side. From my perspective I did nothing wrong and I'm definitely not sick. I was unaware people were aloud to do this up until now. Just handcuff someone and lock them up in a mental hospital without even talking to them or evaluating them. There must be something else I can do here. This is a reachout.
PianoBlack

Likes Received: 0

Postby PianoBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm just going to keep looking at options and keep moving on n doing what I'm doing. that unjust feeling just gets to me sometimes. It's awful and I was probably looking for revenge in the OP.
PianoBlack

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Your parents contacted mental health. The employees that entered your bedroom at the request of your parents and the doctor did so based on the information provided to them by your parents and the doctor.

What you see as "for no good reason at all" is your personal opinion. Based on the actions of your parents and your doctor, it appears that they disagree with your opinion.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1084

Postby McCain » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:21 am

Most facilities have a criteria of symptoms that must be met before intake. I do agree with Richard. The information that was provided by you as well as your family met the criteria.
Can you tell us more about your situation? Did you ever attempt to hurt yourself or anyone else after the break up? What did your parents communicate to you and the professionals?

McCain
McCain
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 95

Postby tokeless » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:08 am

It all depends on the laws for mental health in your country. The UK Police would have to use a section 136, but this is for a public place. Check out your country's laws, but there must have been some reason for this?
tokeless

Likes Received: 244

Postby your.transformations » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Unless you are not telling us the whole story (leaving out key details of why your parents decided to call mental health institutions) you should definitely seek legal help on this matter.
your.transformations

Likes Received: 10

Postby Wildcard » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

What the hell did you do?

Where you drunk or on drugs? Did you threaten to commit suicide or hurt someone else?

Im just saying, because things like that dont just come out of nowhere...

It is a b!tch though, when your own "blood" betrays you like that, isnt it? Trust me...I know...
Wildcard
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 22

Return to Psychology