My life is a lie

Postby AnnaG » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 am

Let's start with the fact that all my relations with friends are based on absolute lies. I lie where I am from, I lie about my family, I lie about my past, etc. Strangely enough there is NOTHING wrong with my birthplace, my past or my family. As a result of the lies I tell other people, I cannot get close to them, I cannot let them into my personal life because I am afraid. I am so terrified that one day one of my lies will become the truth. It all just came to a point when I have nightmares about people finding out the truth about my lies. And each time I wake up in tears. I am not over exaggerating or dramatising. I am scared. So giving me an advice on telling my friends the truth is just a waste of your time, I am sorry. But please help me.
AnnaG

Likes Received: 0

Postby McCain » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

AnnaG wrote:Let's start with the fact that all my relations with friends are based on absolute lies. I lie where I am from, I lie about my family, I lie about my past, etc. Strangely enough there is NOTHING wrong with my birthplace, my past or my family. As a result of the lies I tell other people, I cannot get close to them, I cannot let them into my personal life because I am afraid. I am so terrified that one day one of my lies will become the truth. It all just came to a point when I have nightmares about people finding out the truth about my lies. And each time I wake up in tears. I am not over exaggerating or dramatising. I am scared. So giving me an advice on telling my friends the truth is just a waste of your time, I am sorry. But please help me.

Hi Anna,
When did all of the lying begin?

McCain
McCain
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 95

Postby Dennis Vasiliev » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:49 am

Hi, Anna.

I don't think there can be the clearer answer than "get rid of all lies in your life".

First, determine the root cause, why do you lie?
Second, decide that from now on you will tell only truth to people around you.
Third, sit down with your friends (after you understood your problem) and tell them everything, why you did it, what was the cause of lying. Most of them will understand, some might not. Well, who needs a friend that doesn't support him in a difficult moment?

Being honest with people (without hurting them intentionally) is the most wonderful tool to become calm and peaceful person.

Hope you will resolve all your problems, good luck to you!
Dennis Vasiliev

Likes Received: 9