Hypnosis

Postby jim11 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 am

I had a sudden panic attack 4 years before and the experience had made me feel depressed as well .....I feel that the real me is stuck back there in time and it seems that present doesn't seem to be the life I wanted. Can hypnotherapy help with this ?????
jim11

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Is it possible the panic attack 4 years ago has little if anything to do with your present situation?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1068

Postby jim11 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 am

I didn't quite get you ... I feel that my life just changed in every aspect after the panic attack.. I found out that I had depression than anxiety which I misunderstood for nearly 3 years now. Is hypnotherapy suitable for me?
jim11

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:18 am

jim11 wrote:I didn't quite get you ... I feel that my life just changed in every aspect after the panic attack.. I found out that I had depression than anxiety which I misunderstood for nearly 3 years now. Is hypnotherapy suitable for me?

You didn't get what I was attempting to say, which is at least one indication that hypnotherapy is not what you need. It is an indication that you simply lack problem solving skills, maybe because you have never learned those skills.

The issue with trying to track backwards to a point in life when you suffered a traumatic event in life and then believing that event to be the "root" of all current problems in life is most often the result of "hindsight bias" and/or "selection bias".

You may be the rare exception, but over a period of 3 years most people have some good times, some bad times, some good days, some bad days, some good things happen in life, some bad things happen in life. What are the last 5 good things that happened in your life? See a good movie lately, have a good meal, receive a raise or promotion, move to a new house, did you take a vacation, read a good book, enjoy a nice hike, have a great birthday, see family or friends? Or in 3 years have none of these things taken place?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby jim11 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:30 am

I frequently see movies but all i want is to feel like old me... not much just want to feel I am home and enjoy all the emotions as before... While until the bad memories are there with me I cannot be in peace
jim11

Postby quietvoice » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:49 am

jim11 wrote:While until the bad memories are there with me I cannot be in peace

Of course. Because feelings/emotions come from thought, as long as you think about your 'bad memories' you'll have the associated feelings. How about if when you get the thought of a past event from which you feel discomfort, that you don't feed into that thought, and just know that you don't have to take that thought seriously. The thought itself is an illusion. When you notice yourself doing this, don't even try to do anything. Do nothing. Eventually, you'll notice that the thought will pass, and a new thought will take it's place.

Let the past BE the past. Be here in this moment.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 227

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 pm

jim11 wrote:I frequently see movies but all i want is to feel like old me... not much just want to feel I am home and enjoy all the emotions as before... While until the bad memories are there with me I cannot be in peace

Quietvoice has provided some good advice.

Your responses continue to indicate simply a lack of problem solving skills. You need to learn the skill of shifting focus. You need to have a few positive activities in life on which you can focus.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Krish Davis » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:39 am

You can try meditation or yoga. It helps to clear the clutter in your mind. Cheers
Krish Davis

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 am

Yes hypnosis is very powerful in changing the way we respond to life. It's worth studying.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552