One Year Journey - began 8.28.15 - all support welcome :)

Postby gsaint28 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:32 am

ScottMoore wrote:Hi gsaint,
I read your stuff a week before my quit date and didn't comment, but your words near the end really really stuck with me. Im day 5 now and hanging in there. Man I know I don't know you but I have to say I'm proud for you. Thank you very much for coming back to post. It has helped me as I start my journey.

Scott

Hey,

I appreciate your pride in me. I'm glad I came back to post, for people like you who can benefit from it.

Maybe the following words will help you as well:

Although quitting weed is the focal point right now, the real focal point is living your life and finding real fulfillment. For those of us who are addicted, we've become dependent on weed to bring us a sense of joy, fulfillment, peace, etc. Those things can be experienced without weed, but it takes more than lighting a joint to achieve.
gsaint28

Likes Received: 50

Postby gsaint28 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:49 am

Hey all,

I published an ebook on Amazon called "Marijuana Mindfulness: Transcend The Addiction Cycle & Gain Ultimate Self-Control" It's 99 cents and worth every penny! It's full of all the breakthroughs, tools, and resources that have helped me be free from addiction and have ultimate self control.

To learn more about it, click this link: http://www.gfsantos.com/thebook

To purchase it on Amazon, click this link: https://amzn.to/2IfwzEx

To read my blog on my personal website, click here: http://www.gfsantos.com/blog

Man! It's crazy how time flies in between visits to this forum. I'd first to express my thanks to all the people who have been there to support me. Whether you left a inspiring comment, or simply read through passively, you are appreciated.

Last time I updated this thread, I had exclaimed my newfound lifestyle without weed or tobacco. Much has changed since then, but I'll give you a brief recap.

Back in March 2017, I promised my dad that I was done smoking weed. I didn't smoke for 8 months. It was awesome!

Around August I joined an 8-month, personal development program. I decided to leave the program after about 2.5 months. I learned a lot. The main thing I learned is that I'd often start a journey meant to fix me or make me better, only to quit at around the 1-3 month mark. I'd always seek these things to fill a hole that said "I'm not enough, I need to be fixed."

At the same time I also quit my job working at a Chinese restaurant. Simply put, I was unhappy with both the program and my job.

It was at this time I also decided to break my promise to my dad, and myself, and smoke weed for the first time in 8 months.

In very typical fashion, I smoked nearly every day for 2 months. I slipped into depression. Stopped caring about myself. All I did was smoke weed and play fortnite, really.

Then, one day my cousins made the remark that I seemed really down and wondered if I was depressed. I never really asked myself this question, but I finally acknowledged that I was indeed depressed. This sparked some motivation and energy into me, to which I started making conscious changes and choices to transform my life.

A huge breakthrough for me was having a deep, vulnerable conversation with my dad about marijuana and my love for it. Something I learned from my personal development program is the importance of sharing inauthenticities and having these type of vulnerable conversations.

Through this conversation, I was able to correct the illusion that my dad hated me for smoking weed. I had associated weed with being a bad person, unlovable in fact. He could really care less about weed. All he cares about is my happiness, health, and success.

There's often a correlation between smoking weed and being a burn out. Many examples to choose from with people in our lives. However, it was mainly the aspect of smoking something that he was against. I have no arguments there. Inhaling smoke is not great for ya.

The amazing part is that I no longer felt guilty or ashamed about liking weed and getting high. This was huge. Absolutely huge. Instead of denying it, I expressed freely that I smoke weed and like it. I was no longer embarrassed to own it.

After that was over, I went about smoking the same way I always do, but something was different. With the guilt and shame cleared up, I was able to see things more objectively in terms of weed use.

With all this momentum, I started being responsible again, taking care of myself, and still enjoying weed use. I started a personal blog on my website, I started eating better, drinking water again, and exercising. I went back to working for Doordash as well, to make some money.

Then, within weeks, I decided to quit Doordash and pursue my passions and goals full-time.

My purpose in life is centered around the pursuit of my biggest dreams. The main part is impacting millions of lives in a positive way.

Everything in my life is slowly aligning with that purpose - including the way I use weed.

I smoke still, but 95-98% of the time I'm not high anymore.

The most important thing in my life is my purpose, my mission in life. I still love weed, so quitting is not the right path for me, but doing it every day is not the path either.

If I'm not moving forward in my life, achieving milestones, then smoking weed is not okay with me. Like I said, the most important thing in my life is my mission, not weed.

In fact, if it were right, I'd quit weed and not smoke ever again. The reality is that I love weed and I want to enjoy its gifts when it serves me and my mission - of which there is such a time.

I say this with full respect and honesty. There is a misconception that ending addiction to weed means we have to quit for life. They are not one in the same thing. The underlying issues are much deeper than simply ending the action of smoking weed. In my experience, it is the unwillingness to grow in life, face challenges, and deal with problems that only we can solve, that has us run to weed in ways that are addictive.

The enemy is not weed, it is ourselves. More specifically it is the mind and the way we relate to it.

The truth is that especially for people who experience addiction, we are no longer at the steering wheel of our lives. We've become slaves to thoughts and emotions that only care about getting high. It's a scary, depressing place to be. It's like our bodies have an agenda of their own.

I'm proud to say that I am no longer addicted to weed, and I can still enjoy the benefits of marijuana in a responsible, self-serving way.

The most important thing about all of this is the ABSOLUTE need to return to the power of choice. When we are addicted, we are not choosing our actions consciously. When we strictly decide to quit, we are still limiting our sense of choice.

The truth is that there are a billion ways to use pot lifestyle wise.

You can do it once a day, once a year, once a month.
You can quit, you can take a break, you can do it every now and then.

There are tons of options.

Like I said, transcending addiction and quitting are two separate outcomes.

Transcending addiction has to do with solving the underlying issues that have you run to pot and not live a life you love.

Quitting has to do with no longer having any desire to smoke weed ever again.

Two very different things.

I'm proud to say that a part of my mission is supporting those who have gotten lost in marijuana addiction and don't know what the **** to do. It's depressing, I know, all too well. There's a lack of solutions out there for people who've been in this spot before.

My first step in helping others in this regard is through a book I wrote that is now on Amazon.

In just a matter of 7 days, it went from the 40th book about Marijuana Addiction to the 5th book. In fact, it got it's first review just today.

Read it here:

Steven Alex
5.0 out of 5 stars
Addiction is a choice, moderate use of an adult recreational or inspiration substance is not automatically addiction.
March 29, 2018
Verified Purchase

I thought this was a great book! Very positive and shows who is in charge of your decision making. Gabriel talks about your decisions and how recreational or inspirational cannabis use can be defined as by you as an addiction or simply something you enjoy once in a while depending on your purpose and the impact, either working for your success or against your success.

For me, occasional use of in moderation has never seemed to be an issue but everyday use of multiple times a day means you don't know the difference between recreation and what has become a lifestyle.
A great book to remove guilt and put you i charge of your lifestyle choices in a world filled with potential addictions. Remember caffine can be an addiction, chocolate, sugar, eating, sex, religion, etc., The list is a long one. I really enjoyed this book. Nice cover art also

The book is only $0.99 and it's worth every penny. The book is a fairly short read, only 50 pages or so. Each chapter is anywhere from 1 page to 10.

In the book I share all the breakthroughs that led me to where I am today.

I'm the happiest and most empowered I've ever felt in my life. I live my passions every day. I love who I am and the life I lead. I love the fact that I no longer demonize weed or make myself wrong for loving it and still doing it, despite my addiction past.

It's not about quitting forever, it's about mastering one's self.

For you benefit, consider buying the book and applying the knowledge of its contents. It will support you greatly, I promise.

I will be more active on this thread, offering my book as a solution for people's weed addiction problems.

My intention is for this book to be staple in the marijuana addiction recovery community and conversation.

When people ask "what books or resources are best for recovering from marijuana addiction" they will say "Marijuana Mindfulness by Gabriel Santos."

In the most humble way, the contents of this book are what the Marijuana Addiction community has been waiting for.

We are free to choose the life we want. We are the creators!
gsaint28

Likes Received: 50

Previous