Up & Down Emotions

Postby Danacovert82 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:46 pm

I have up and down feelings. Meaning, one day I'm happy, then the next day I'm upset for no reason. How do I stay happy most days? I'm getting wayyyyyyyyy better with my anger. I just need to not worry about things that are out of my control. Help, please!
Danacovert82

Likes Received: 13

Postby lostwoman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 am

you are not alone...
daily routines are same..we have nothing new or exciting in our lives...
so much competition, greed, manipulations around....
life sucks these days
lostwoman

Likes Received: 1

Postby Danacovert82 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:57 pm

lostwoman wrote:you are not alone...
daily routines are same..we have nothing new or exciting in our lives...
so much competition, greed, manipulations around....
life sucks these days

Life does not suck for me. I am thankful I have the life I have.

I'm just wanting to be more happy than I am. I get anxious when people are walking around town, then that gets me angry. Also, I say stupid s*** like,"someone needs to tell so and so they need to do this or that." I need to not try to act like the boss of the world around here. Help me, please learn to only focus on myself, and not what others are doing. Thanks.
Danacovert82

Likes Received: 13

Postby hoggerpop » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:30 am

Hi

I went through that as well. The main thing to note is understanding what happiness is first. We should stop asking ourselves why am i unhappy on sad days. Instead we should ask ourselves why we should be happy on sad days. Asking yourself why will just open the doors to the how

Things that are out of your control will always be out of your control. However, you can control the way you react to such things that are out of your control. For example, if you start getting angry because someone start teasing you (Something that happen to me many times) you can choose to react calmly and not take their insults into heart. However, you can also choose to react drastically which will cause you to flare up.

On a side note, if you want to remain happy on all days, i wrote a post on happiness. In this post, i share 3 daily tips that i use daily to stay happy. You can read the full post at http://innerpill.com/2015/08/29/why-sho ... -be-happy/
hoggerpop

Likes Received: 5

Postby kathyjoyce » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:46 pm

I think the key to feeling happy is to focus on all the good things in your life, and try to eliminate negative thoughts, though I know it's not easy. Try meditation as it really does work. Start with guided meditation, and spend just 10 minutes a day. It helps you to focus as well as feel happier.
kathyjoyce

Likes Received: 3

Postby Sbacry87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:53 am

I think everyone has good days and bad days, but if you have bad days more often than you should than perhaps try to find the root of it. What is it that makes you feel anxious or upset? Do you have resentment or stuffed feelings? Are their feelings you feel like you are not able to share with other close ones. Why do people in the street irritate you? You are right about the fact that we can't control what others will do, there is no point in trying too. If something bothers you, you are free to voice your opinion or concerns but you don't have to to tell other what they should or shouldn't do. Try to focus on things that bring you joy or spark your interest. You can try maybe sharing the things you love with others, such as good home cooked diner, a good book, a movie. Perhaps working on relationships and sharing things you love can bring you closer to people and not make you as upset towards people. Just an opinion.
Sbacry87

Likes Received: 0