Sexual Attraction to Older People

Postby A Man's Myth » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:59 am

I'm 18 y/o and have lately become aware of sexual attraction to my teacher. She is about 20 years older.
I've noticed that I've been attracted to a small handful of much older people and now view select older women as attractive rather than as just another person. I'm comfortable in my sexuality as pansexual; therefore am not confused about the gender of the people I'm attracted to, but I don't understand the psychology behind this, predominantly sexual, attraction to people in their 40's.

* Is this just a student/teacher fantasy?
* Is it wrong to pursue sex if you know you don't want a long-term relationship?
* Also, If you're +/- 40, would you find it creepy/uncomfortable for a much younger person to be attracted to you?
* I've read about attraction to older men but is it different for older women? (the emotional maturity, stability etc...?)

Any (respectful) input would be great :)
A Man's Myth

Likes Received: 2

Postby Mephestic » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 pm

it could simply be you want what you can't have or is a taboo? Hence you find it attractive?
Mephestic

Likes Received: 1

Postby itmustbeit » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:45 pm

It looks like chasing a taboo in university but it looks like a pattern after graduation. Plus with time they get older and older until they fall in the grave, I mean if you get older and the people you like get with 20-30 or even 40 years difference you are chasing dead persons, right?

Now although it seems like I'm harassing you, and joking, I really mean it, I fall in love and like older people actually that are very old, I'm no longer interested in 40 something not at all. Also I was once in love with Herbert von Karajan, do you know he is actually deceased?

By any means I'm actually attracted to extinguishing culture not solely the older body although... who knows. But seriously, sometimes young people are so tiresome to even listen to with their pitiful nonsense. Older people have more brains... sometimes. And more experience. Its only disturbing to be talked about such taboos in education because when you are 40 there is no taboo but they are all dead. (Your university teachers)
itmustbeit

Likes Received: 0

Postby konayuki » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:35 am

Since you're both adults there isn't really anything wrong with the attraction, however it might be complicated to have a serious relationship.

I have a male friend, he is about 23 but he is attracted to women that are like 35-40. His take on it was that all girls his age are immature and that he thought older women were "hotter" which I thought was pretty interesting. I don't know why though, this was just his preference.

So according to me there is nothing wrong with it. There might be some fantasy or mystery that plays into the attraction, but as I said, if both are adults there isn't actually anything wrong with it, maybe just a bit unusual.
konayuki

Likes Received: 4