Why did I cheat on the perfect husband?

Postby BettyCooper » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

I have been married for 4 years with a man I love dearly, but I cheated on him for about 1/2 a year with a former co-worker. I only did it for the attention so I changed jobs. I love my husband and now I cannot stop thinking about what I did to him. We lost our home due to a fire and are living with friends until our home gets repaired, which has put a lot of stress on both of us. I have become very jealous and self-conscious. I am always checking his cell phone, email, calling him at work. I imagine that if I was able to cheat on him and he has not found out, the same could happen to me (Karma). But with him I imagine that he will fall in love and leave me. If I love my husband so much and I would describe him as the perfect husband, why did I cheat on him? If my husband is not doing anything wrong, why do I keep thinking he is cheating on me?
BettyCooper

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 pm

You cheat, because you are insecure. Focus on repairing your self-worth.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1084

Postby Mephestic » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:18 am

BettyCooper wrote:I have been married for 4 years with a man I love dearly, but I cheated on him for about 1/2 a year with a former co-worker. I only did it for the attention so I changed jobs. I love my husband and now I cannot stop thinking about what I did to him. We lost our home due to a fire and are living with friends until our home gets repaired, which has put a lot of stress on both of us. I have become very jealous and self-conscious. I am always checking his cell phone, email, calling him at work. I imagine that if I was able to cheat on him and he has not found out, the same could happen to me (Karma). But with him I imagine that he will fall in love and leave me. If I love my husband so much and I would describe him as the perfect husband, why did I cheat on him? If my husband is not doing anything wrong, why do I keep thinking he is cheating on me?

Perhaps the question is whether you should be in this relationship or whether you should tell him? Is it fair that he's in a relationship where the other person hasn't been as devoted as him?

You keep checking on him because you realise how easy it was for you to do it and are judging him by your standards assuming he is just like you.
Mephestic

Likes Received: 1

Postby McCain » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 am

McCain
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 95

Postby Introspectah » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 am

But with him I imagine that he will fall in love and leave me.

Because innately you've cultivated the conviction that you are insufficient as a partner in love?

If I love my husband so much and I would describe him as the perfect husband, why did I cheat on him?

If your husband had hypothetically cheated on you, would you want him to bury this secret 'till infinity or---when according to his estimation the time's become ripe---to take advantage of the feeling of the moment to disclose his slip-up in regretful earnest?

Moreover, have you identified the reason why you cheated yet?
Introspectah
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 52

Postby Algorithm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Because humans are never satisfied, always wanting more.
Algorithm

Likes Received: 0

Postby konayuki » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:48 pm

It's interesting though, that you have a perfect husband but you still cheated.
I'm just wondering kind of what thoughts were going through your mind when you did this?
Pure curiosity.
konayuki

Likes Received: 4

Return to Psychology