This is my story. 15 months sober

Postby lmcbride » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Davinci, AJS, Nate, are you guys still getting brain fog or is it mostly just anxiety and depression at this point?
lmcbride

Likes Received: 69

Postby Davinci » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Yes, I still deal with brain fog, depression and a little anxiety.

My main problem is lack of motivation to purse things, tough.
Davinci

Likes Received: 13

Postby lmcbride » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:23 pm

I see....that must be difficult.

I'm at 6 months now and seemed to have gotten past the anxiety and depression. It's just this nagging brain fog that's bothering me now.

Hope it clears up over time.
lmcbride

Postby A.J.S. » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:37 am

I'm mostly dealing with anxiety and depression. I think anxiety being the worst which after a while causes me to feel depressed because it's irratating. Not so much anxiety attacks like in the beginning but I'll just feel nervous for hours at a time on and off for no real reason. Then I'll have days or sometimes even weeks when I don't have anything, then out of nowhere it comes back. It's weird because you want to give yourself a logical explanation so you can work on it and help alleviate your symptoms but it comes and goes in waves for me without much warning or reason it seems like. This never happened to me until I quit.
A.J.S.

Likes Received: 4

Postby lmcbride » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Interesting. Have you tried meditation?

How long did you guys smoke for?
lmcbride

Postby A.J.S. » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:19 pm

Not really.. I try and breathe and clear my head.. Work out everyday and sit in the steam room after for 30 min and relax and breathe. 15 years from 14-29 yrs old. Everyday multiple times a day.
A.J.S.

Likes Received: 4

Postby lmcbride » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Got it. I was just under 10 years of use. Some years daily some not.

I would give mediation a try though. There's a great app out there called Headspace and the first 10 sessions are free and it teaches you the basic principals. Trust me, I laughed at the thought of meditating, but once I tried it out, I noticed serious improvement. Really allows you to check in to your mind and see what's going on.

Best of luck on your journey!
lmcbride

Postby kashsan69 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:02 am

Thank you for your posts, Nate; hang in there and know that you are not alone in this fight, bro!
kashsan69

Likes Received: 5

Postby Davinci » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

19 months sober.

Still fighting with lack of motivation, insomnia, bad mood, low energy and social isolation.

I'm just wanted to thanks for all the support that I received in these amazing forum.

After 19 months and still not good and sometimes feeling that I'm the same as month 6 or 10 I cannot still tell myself that this is from weed. I have develop a depressive disorder and it is gonna be with me the whole time.

Thanks guys.
Davinci

Postby Coley546 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:24 pm

I'm month 8 and the bad days still out number the good by far. I've tried therapy and antidepressants and both seemed to make it worse. Supplements didn't help either. Ecxercise helps with the edgy feeling or the constant need to keep moving feeling. What I wouldn't give to just sit and relax on a lazy Sunday and watch tv. Those days are gone. One day I'm crying, the next day I feel sick. Can't sleep but two hours at a time. Can get a few more once in awhile. I'm gonna give it two years and if I'm not better I'm going back to the weed. I don't want to live like this forever. I will have to be more careful not to abuse it and take it more like a medication. I definitely am suffering from depression and anxiety now. Never had it before in my life so I'm hoping its paws but deep down I think stress and life has just caught up with me. I'll do anything at this point to get better. Whatever the cause. Gonna try a neurologist. Heard allot of good results from the electro schock treatment they have now that basically resets your brain. Has anyone tried this?
Coley546

Likes Received: 0

Postby Davinci » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Coley546 wrote:I'm month 8 and the bad days still out number the good by far. I've tried therapy and antidepressants and both seemed to make it worse. Supplements didn't help either. Ecxercise helps with the edgy feeling or the constant need to keep moving feeling. What I wouldn't give to just sit and relax on a lazy Sunday and watch tv. Those days are gone. One day I'm crying, the next day I feel sick. Can't sleep but two hours at a time. Can get a few more once in awhile. I'm gonna give it two years and if I'm not better I'm going back to the weed. I don't want to live like this forever. I will have to be more careful not to abuse it and take it more like a medication. I definitely am suffering from depression and anxiety now. Never had it before in my life so I'm hoping its paws but deep down I think stress and life has just caught up with me. I'll do anything at this point to get better. Whatever the cause. Gonna try a neurologist. Heard allot of good results from the electro schock treatment they have now that basically resets your brain. Has anyone tried this?

Sorry to hear that you are struggling so much Coley.

Let me ask you. Did you have those symptons before smoking weed or only after you stopped?

My sleep has gotten better in month 9-10. I was able to sleep more and with a better quality.

Have you ever had a good day?
Davinci

Postby Coley546 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:47 pm

I started to feel the symptoms towards the end, that's why I quit. Everytime I smoked I just got paranoid and felt like I couldn't breath. But when I quit everything went to hell in a hand basket. I feel better now than the first 4 months, but still feel like garbage most days. I maybe have 4 or 5 good days a month which is better than zero days like in the beginning. Just didn't think the recovery process would take so long. I also quit cigarettes at the same time. Prob not the smartest move but when I make my mind up in doing something I do it. I think I just lost all my coping mechanisms and my brain is struggling to cope. Hope I didn't mess things up so bad that they can't go back to normal.
Coley546

Likes Received: 0

Postby breakfree1985 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 am

Hi Davinci,

I recieved your message but I am not able to reply. You could pm me your email and we could chat that way.
Hope all is well brother :-)
breakfree1985

Likes Received: 8

Previous