How to get over issues with nudity?

Postby tokeless » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:53 am

Actually, I understand the theory but DOING it is just impossible.

Not sure how asking for literature would help as it would be theoretical information. Doing it is more behavioural i would say.
tokeless

Likes Received: 323

Postby jaub12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm

I've been having the same problem and I'm scared. I'm 17 and a female and sometimes I wish I could be just like everyone else because it gets to my relationship. A guy that I love and have been with since I was a freshman in high school. He wants to become a nurse and I'm scared that he'll have to see things I don't want to know about. I'm having such a hard time coping. I know you asked for advice but I've never met anyone like me I thought I was the only one... my therapist told me I was in my own boat. But I'm happy to see that other people have the same exact views. It's so hard to admit when all your friends and family think differently... so far my boyfriend has been very good about it and not participating in that culture but I don't and will not keep him from his dreams. So please... can you help me?
jaub12

Likes Received: 0

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:53 pm

jaub12 wrote: He wants to become a nurse and I'm scared that he'll have to see things I don't want to know about.

You might want to start considering what you want in life, rather than what your boyfriend will be doing in his job. He doesn't have to tell you what he does or what he sees.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1174

Postby jaub12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
jaub12 wrote: He wants to become a nurse and I'm scared that he'll have to see things I don't want to know about.

You might want to start considering what you want in life, rather than what your boyfriend will be doing in his job. He doesn't have to tell you what he does or what he sees.

I know he doesn't have to. What I'm saying is when it comes down to it I'll at least have an idea of what's going on. I don't expect to hear every detail but just thinking about it gets to me and I want to not let it get to me since it's an important job. I wish to hear more than to not care about what he's doing, I just want to better myself for what might come to be.
jaub12

Postby MindfulMiss » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 am

I can totally understand how that would seem overwhelming! I think she already tried to not care but this issue is bothersome and well it may be an easy answer to tell someone to focus on themself. Easier said then done! a couple things to consider once he is a nurse he will be dealing with people of all ages and at some point the thrill of possibly a nude body will most likely subside as this will just be every day work. To some degree he will most likely become desensitized. As for you yes your right his dreams do matter, but so do your feelings especially in a relationship. If hes the right guy for you, he will be understanding to your fears and talk you through them. It will be your job to actively work on getting through this. because vice versa if you are the right girl for him you will understand his dream is important for you both to be happy. Its all about finding common ground, maybe you need to outline and write down on paper your fears and express them to him and see if theres some kind of compromising that can be done whether its sharing or not sharing certain information ect. I totally understand all this i only feel sad others go through this as well as me! Please be brave you are stronger than you think and there are definately loads of people with this same issue. I`ve been researching it for quite some time. Another thing...Law of attraction, it might be a good idea to try and push some of these fearful thoughts away as most things we fear never happen! and to start replacing those thoughts with the things you do want to happen...BEST OF LUCK
MindfulMiss

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 am

jaub12 wrote: I know he doesn't have to. What I'm saying is when it comes down to it I'll at least have an idea of what's going on. I don't expect to hear every detail but just thinking about it gets to me and I want to not let it get to me since it's an important job. I wish to hear more than to not care about what he's doing, I just want to better myself for what might come to be.

The problem has nothing to do with his job. If he wasn't going to be a nurse, you would still have an issue.

If you want to resolve this, start learning about the human body. Take some art classes. Expose yourself to the very natural way you were born. It doesn't need to be all at once, but you can begin exposing yourself and become more informed.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1174

Postby Livetowin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:04 pm

It sounds to me like you are experiencing some moments of conditioning brought on by living under a very strict opinion about the subject when you were young. Being that your mother was the author of that standard might subconsciously make you feel more inclined to summon up those feelings of rebuke when you see similar episodes today. You likely hold your mom in high regard, so this quality she possessed might be something you feel inclined to uphold, as opposed to doing the opposite which makes you feel uncomfortable since you know she would not approve.
Something to think about.
Livetowin

Likes Received: 88

Postby MindfulMiss » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 am

jaub if you want to talk some more private message me i can provide some personal insight and not give blind advice...im currently getting through these exact issues
MindfulMiss

Previous