I QUIT! CAN YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Postby lostinhope » Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Over 4 years ago I took my first hit of marijuana. I was 14 years old, and decided I'd see what all the fuss was about. For my first year smoking it was very sparse, maybe once every month or two. By 15 I slowly began smoking every day, pretty much up until where I am now. I have quit multiple times (hoping to quit for good) but it only ends up lasting 2 months max then I usually decided I can try it again and see what happens. and then I slowly go back to smoking every day for months on end until a breaking point where I realized I was not accomplishing what I wanted in life. May 2 was my 19th bday and I decided I would start this year off right so I decided to quit the day before. Im on day 3 day, how long should I expect until I have recovered from years of abuse? Also how should I make it past this two month mark where I always fail? Please only positive comments as I'm trying to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for the help everyone - much love.
lostinhope

Likes Received: 2

Postby Matthew_1998 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

It can take up to 2 years. I just surpassed 4 months and I only used roughly for around a year and a half. Everyone is different though. You just gotta keep pushing forward no matter what comes your way. It's gonna get tough with the anxiety, dp/Dr, Brain fog, loss of appetite, can't eat any food cause it comes right back up. Despite all that there is a bright light at the end of tunnel the first couple months I thought I was gonna be stuck like that forever. Over time you will see improvements you just stay sober and keep headed in the right direction. Best of luck BTW I'm 17 and this year has been the worst but I know at the end when i feel 100 % it will be worth it.
Matthew_1998

Likes Received: 23