Needing help on stopping being obsessed with someone..

Postby racno98 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi. So, this is really bizzare, I know, and it really needs to stop.

I have been in a relationship with an amazing guy for almost a year now, the only problem in the relationship is that I am fixated on his ex-girlfriend.

My ex-boyfriend also dated the same girl, but my fixation with her wasn't as strong when I was with him.

I have been obsessed with viewing her Facebook, twitter, tumblr, and have taken measures to creating fake accounts to add her on snapchat, and instagram, to see what she's up to. I have also followed her friends on social media to get more pictures of her. I don't know why I am so obsessed with this one girl, occaisonally, my fixation will subside for a week or two, and I'll delete my fake accounts, but it will always come back.

I save pictures of her to my phone, have found out what she wants to study in university, and am now considering that. I try to make her hobbies, MY hobbies, and try to make her music taste and interests mine.

My boyfriend does not know any of this, and I always delete my browsing history, searches, and pictures from where he could possibly find them. He knows I was insecure about it first, but he does not know the severity of the situation.

I need advice on how to get over my almost stalkerish behaviour - I have seen her walking around, and have tried to take pictures of her, and have also considered walking past her house in hopes of getting a glimpse of her.

I realise I need help, but I don't know what to do. Please help!
racno98

Likes Received: 0

Postby youmeuniverse » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Hei Racno,
It seems to me that you want to experience a certain feeling. What do you feel when you do what you do?
It has become like an addiction and in a way it is. Because our emotional state in our body is like a chemical cocktail.

So what do you feel when you do it?
youmeuniverse

Likes Received: 0