6 months no weed and mega strong PAWS

Postby stonerpaws » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Hello,

I have been checking this forum for quite some time now. I have finally decided to start posting as a way to get my emotions out with the hope of finding some sort of relief.

I will give you a quick background.

Smoked high grade weed from the age of 18 till the age of 32. every day! 2-5 joints per day average! I guess you can call me a serious stoner. I was pretty proud of it too! ahahaha

Never taken any medication for depression or any other condition.

I like to drink but I would not call my self an alcoholic.

Finally decided to quit a little over six months ago since I had a baby on the way. The baby is now born and I must say it has been one of the best feeling I ever felt in my life. truly amazing.

My detoxing situation can be described as follows:
Last few months of smoking were not good at all, mild paranoia and a mild panic attack. that was the main sign which made me realise it was finally time to quit for good!

Next few months after that were not so bad, some cravings but not too uncomfortable. It wasn't until march, roughly 3 months in, where sh** hit the fan! Major anxiety kicked in!. I spent the whole month of march battling with anxiety. trouble sleeping, concentrating, working, mild depression. you name it! and strong anhedonia

April was a bit better and I fooled my self to believe that the worst was over. Since then I now have weeks of heavy anxiety(mainly caused by work related stress) and weeks of happiness and euphoria about the future. I even got to the point of thinking I am bipolar but my doctor says that s not the case. My main fear when I have bad anxiety is thinking about my future, I always feel in doubt and fear for the worse. I been catastrophyzing lot!

I think an other primer on my anxiety attacks is that I have also been trying to reduce my nicotine while vaping. I manage to go a few weeks with no nicotine but I have to go back to nicotine because the anxiety is just to strong to manage. This happened again last few weeks. Tried to cut down the nicotine and voila' anxiety is back! Today was the worst so I have now gone back to vaping with nicotine. I will monitor the situation to find out if my anxiety is cause not only by the weed paws but also from the lack of nicotine. it s a little experiment I would like to test.

I have been reading lots of posts saying that things start to get better after 8-12 months.sure hope I am one of those people because the stress all this anxiety is causing is just too much to handle at times.

btw tried all sorts of vitamins, fish oils, tryptophan, tyrosine. none of it worked. they worked for few days but I think it was just a placebo effect.
stonerpaws

Likes Received: 0

Postby stonerpaws » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:36 pm

just a quick note....

I found the best term to describe my thinking pattern during anxiety, RUMINATION.

I keep thinking about the same 5-10 problems over and over again in circles. This is driving me nuts!
stonerpaws

Postby stonerpaws » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:40 pm

btw I am not your typical non-achiever stoner.....during my smoking years I manage to graduate from college, become the manager of a company with over 60 employees and now I have opened a brand new company which is growing very fast and doing well.... but so far PAWS has been the greatest challenge in my entire life....this scares me quite a bit!
stonerpaws

Postby HikerOfTheSoul » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 am

Hi stonerpaws!
First of all, congratulations for going 6 months without weed! That's really an accomplishment.
Also, congratulations for your baby! You managed to both kick a bad habit and have a baby, that's really something!

Since then I now have weeks of heavy anxiety(mainly caused by work related stress) and weeks of happiness and euphoria about the future. I even got to the point of thinking I am bipolar but my doctor says that s not the case.

Why do you think you are bipolar? That is extremely rare, I know I thought about that too early on, but it's very uncommon and people around you should have noticed something strange way before this time. I wouldn't stress about it, and your doc is of the same opinion I guess :D

About nicotine and weed, I think you should keep smoking with nicotine. I'm trying to quit smoking both cigs and weed at the same time (succeeding with weed, and not so much with cigs) and it really feels like unnecessary pain at times. First thing first - quit the herb which robs you of your personality and awareness, and then kick the nicotine. Plus you are vaping, not smoking, so really it's not bad! Nicotine is not that bad of a drug (don't get me wrong, it's strongly addicting, but id doesn't cause damage. What damages the lungs and hearth is the smoke of the cigarette, not the nicotine).
Plus, nicotine has been found helpful in treating depression and anxiety a bit, and that's one of the reasons clinical depressed people smoke - it regulates mood a bit. Well actually in tobacco smoke there are thousands of chemicals, and all of them play a part in regulating and uplifting the mood. It has been thought for a long time that smokers feel better after a cigarette because they replenish the nicotine in the brain, to which they are addicted. That is true of course, but it's not all the truth. It has recently been found out that many chemicals in the smoke act as a MAOI - they are antidepressants.
That's why simple nicotine replacement therapy doesn't work for a lot of folks - they miss more than the nicotine.

All in all, I would say that you should focus on the good stuff (I feel you are doing good at that!) and vape with nicotine if it makes you feel better. You've got a lifetime to quit nicotine and improve yourself as a human, don't rush things. I know that, because I rushed when I began the process of quitting and that made me feel way worse than it should. So, take it one step at a time. In a year or less you should be able to quit nicotine, and then vaping too. Think of how amazing it will feel!

Hope this helped a bit, best of luck!

PS I would also suggest you read the book "The Power of Now" by Tolle, and also "At last a life" by Aaron Paul. They help me a lot. If your anxiety gets really bad, I encourage you to discuss it with your doc, if you trust him, or find one that you trust. Learning to cope with pain is fine and good, but maybe he will have some tips for you.
HikerOfTheSoul

Likes Received: 52

Postby weedbaddrug » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:58 am

Hi stonerpaws,

Are you feeling any better now ?
weedbaddrug