How to deal with bullies?

Postby Moonrider » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi,many of my classmates are bully.They tease me as I am underweight.They try to use physical energy and I can't resist them.How can I deal with them?
Moonrider

Likes Received: 0

Postby Translucent » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:17 pm

I think you need to stand up for yourself. If they physically assault you they can be in big trouble with the law.
Translucent

Likes Received: 14

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:12 am

Moonrider wrote: They tease me as I am underweight.

They only will continue as long as you give them reason to believe that you care. If you don't react, if you just agree and say, "Yep, I'm underweight," it will end. Every time you react, every time you get offended, it reinforces them to continue.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1174

Postby diaz212 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

Training hard to grow up your weight. Brave !! after you getting bigger and tell to them. I'm bigger now but I'm not you !!!
diaz212

Likes Received: 1

Postby darmos653 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:49 pm

First remember that they're only bullies because they're small minded and deep down feel inadequate themselves and are afraid that it shows. They go after people who are overweight, underweight, anything that their limited mental scope perceives as being somehow "different." If it wasn't you it would be someone else. In a way it's not "personal" though understandably you might not see it that way.

The suggestion by Richard above is interesting and may well work, though I think not in all cases, it may just confuse them and make them feel more insecure and self-doubting than they already do. However it's worth a try.

If and/or when you're actually physically attacked, even in a fairly minor way, immediately inform whoever is in overall charge of the school, then your parent or parents and demand that they contact the school and then he/she/they demand that the bullies parents are contacted by the school. If an assault is more serious contact the police.
darmos653

Likes Received: 15

Postby Iamincode » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:39 pm

I had faced these kind of unpleasant situations when I was a student. I feel the problem is with us only. This happens when we do not have the skill of "GET ALONG" with the people around us. Got to be smart enough. I do not agree that they are doing this because you are under weight. People tease as long as we receive it.
Iamincode

Likes Received: 0

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:05 am

Can you learn to accept the bullies are just being themselves. That there is nothing personal in what they do. It is just information about their level of personal development.
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552